ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never broken, Always French

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
After spending pretty much all day looking at the car i have decided to take the ducts off ! Left the fogs out for the moment aswell. Also gave me a chance to clean the inside of the wheels and 4pots :)

5916555900_620d62b9e5_z.jpg

5915999371_d701c7beca_z.jpg

5916001167_124f8fcbb9_z.jpg

5916561806_0a595ceeb5_z.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Leave it like that, remove the nipple ring, done. Looks perfect as it is imo

Focus
Glad you took those ducts off they looked awful.

Nice progress though, lovely car. :approve:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Bits to do before CSS

1. Take bumper off and refit fogs
2. Sand and polish inlets fully
3. Clay and wax car

Some parts will be going up for sale soon after iv sorted out the garage to take on the day :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Bit of a milestone, the car ticked over 50000 on the way to CSS. And as Rentech did such a good job as always this is the first time in about 8 months the car is fault FREE :) So some pics to celebrate.

6030084090_acb9cd64ca_z.jpg

6029531745_f044b7d19d_z.jpg

6030088454_fa785de235_z.jpg

6030090562_9853a9b677_z.jpg

6030092744_6de4cd58d1_z.jpg

6029540737_045349aafc_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
I say fault free, its actually rolling around with 3 bots holing each wheel on. We had to use the bolt extractor on the locking ones as the key rounded off :dapprove:

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Wow looking good mate! :) I hope I can get something like this in a few years when my insurance isn't 3.5k for a crappy 1.2 lol! Nice car dude and great photos to!

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Bought Chris's (Toomer89) ktec show cage off him today. Have always wanted one, and yes i fully understand it is for show and has no purpose other than looks :)

6064958630_d26c60f527_z.jpg

6064960620_7a16954efa_z.jpg

Going to start sanding it down today and then paint it white again through the week. He also chucked in the false floor and a fire extinguisher with it :)

Arctic Blue 182ff
Looks great :) but I don't understand the show cage? You buy a clio cup, Renault went to great lengths to reduce some weight for you and refine it's driveability, and you're going to put it all (and some) back in, seems a shame IMO :(

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Trust me mate i doesn't weigh that much, il weigh it later then weigh the rear seats but i highly doubt the gain in weight would be noticeable. I can lift the entire cage on one finger.

6.7kg it weighs.

Last edited:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Precisely mate there 'show' cages :S

Ah il arc weld some scaff polls to it mate and have me a full on climbing frame in there, no dash dodging here :cool:

Love this car, reminds me of my old one. The cage will look mint, keeping an eye on this thread!

Love the standard look too, defiantly a route I will be going down if I ever get another Clio

Matt

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Love this car, reminds me of my old one. The cage will look mint, keeping an eye on this thread!

Love the standard look too, defiantly a route I will be going down if I ever get another Clio

Matt

Cheers matt, loved your old clio !

Nice spray booth. I might need a roll cage spraying soonish also :)

Mabey this time we can mask off the rest of your car :rasp:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Pete

Having a bit of trouble with the halfrauds paint reacting with the cross bar for some reason, rubbed it down to the metal now so should be ok ! The rear legs are done just the cross and hoop to do now. Going to be a bit of a mission to do the hoop in the garage :S