ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 exhaust

Ph1
800 quid quote came from a lad at the top of the thread who somehow got involved with double cat talk :S :clown: :dead: douhhhhhh

ATS is sh1te. The reason the performance is down is you will have a pea shooter of a pipe bore fitted and the quality is crap hence the noise.

If your after a performance upgrade they will be louder than factory fit mainly down to the pipe bore which is 2.5'' straight through the full lenght but nothing silly loud. As already stated, Yozza, GDi, Ktec etc for this option

Yozza also do a road version too which is meant to be quieter. Down side is its expensive but you get what you pay for

Another option is custom from Prospeed, Poweflow etc. Not the best route as they have been known to fail but do carry a guarnatee of some sorts i belive

As your wanting a quiet one, your probably best getting a OE genuine Renault item from Renault :)

53 plate 172
800 quid quote came from a lad at the top of the thread who somehow got involved with double cat talk :S :clown: :dead: douhhhhhh

ATS is sh1te. The reason the performance is down is you will have a pea shooter of a pipe bore fitted and the quality is crap hence the noise.

If your after a performance upgrade they will be louder than factory fit mainly down to the pipe bore which is 2.5'' straight through the full lenght but nothing silly loud. As already stated, Yozza, GDi, Ktec etc for this option

Yozza also do a road version too which is meant to be quieter. Down side is its expensive but you get what you pay for

Another option is custom from Prospeed, Poweflow etc. Not the best route as they have been known to fail but do carry a guarnatee of some sorts i belive

As your wanting a quiet one, your probably best getting a OE genuine Renault item from Renault :)

Thanks for the reply Andy. What you're saying in a nutshell is I should have gone to Renault in the first place. I honestly didn't realise there would be such a major difference. I haven't got £350 to spare at the moment as I need the belts replaced. I'll know for next time though !

I'll have to put up with the noise for now. I also think I've lost a little performance but lets face it, it's still quick !

Ph1
Im not suprised youve lost performance matey.

My dad had a ATS job fitted few years back to his run about and it totally killed the performance of the car.

Yeah if your wanting to keep the standard noise levels stock will probably be best although the Yozza road one might be worth a look as its gonna last forever so could work out cheaper in the long run.

53 plate 172
Im not suprised youve lost performance matey.

My dad had a ATS job fitted few years back to his run about and it totally killed the performance of the car.

Yeah if your wanting to keep the standard noise levels stock will probably be best although the Yozza road one might be worth a look as its gonna last forever so could work out cheaper in the long run.

cheers bud

Clio 172 ph1
how much is the middle and rear part of the exhaust on a clio mk2 ph1 from renault? thought it was better to ask here rather than starting a new thread.

thanks