ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Owner in Northamptonshire

2001 MK 2 Clio 172
Hi all new to the forum and I've just bought a 'pretty' mint Black 172 with only 51k on the clock for £1100 :)

By 'pretty' mint I mean:

Its got a couple of key marks down drivers side but it will be getting wrapped soon not sure what colour atm though so not too concerned on this.

17in alloys eurgh!!

Lexus lights even more eurgh!!!!!

Front splitter is missing :(

Some one has painted the top engine cover in gold???

And I'm pretty sure after reading many threads that the carbon canister needs cleaning or replacing.

The good bits:

Full stainless exhaust

Induction Kit

Chipped and its been mapped on a rolling road.

It goes like a train and I love it :)

My plan is to put it back to un messed with goodness, So 15in alloys, standard rear lights, front splitter and a few choice extras like strut braces f&r and maybe a set of coilovers.

The performance work was done by a company called N.D Hill Power but they seem to have gone bust! Has any body ever heard of these and if their any good??

Many thanks :)

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Welcome along mate, theres a thread on here somewhere with a few photoshops of clios wrapped in different colours!

They all look pretty good so maybe worth having a look through if you cant decide which colour :)

2001 MK 2 Clio 172
Cheers, just had a look through them! What the thoughts on matt black I know its been done to death but with the car already being black it would look the best. I have some samples of pearlesent white and focus orange that look ace but it would mean having to take all the doors/boot lid off so the shuts can be done. How difficult are the clio doors to take off??

I will be doing the wrap my self as I do it for a living anyway it would be rude not too.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

172 berg, Fabia VRS
I like matt black personally mate good choice although focus orange is nice aswell!!

i can see how you are stuck on colour lol, as for taking doors off i wouldnt like to say as ive never done one yet but i cant see it being that difficult tbh.