ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Ph1 owner in East Sussex

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Hi Guys & Gals,

Name Pete and im a 37 year old car nutter from Westfield.

Sold my Impreza Sti RA recently and went all sensiblle and bought the missus a 52 plate Golf Gti PD150 diesel.
I then sold her classic BMW e28 and bought myself a flame red 2001 Y plate Ph1 172, very impressed so far, ok its not that quick compared to what im used to but its good fun, main thing is im amazed at the fuel consumption the thing can do!!, ive averaged 37mpg over the first tankfull which is a breath of fresh air for me!.
We've gone from two cars that do 22-25mpg to two cars that do 37-50mpg, big difference and im hoping the wallet will notice the difference to.
Ive owned shed loads of fast cars over the years, usually i only keep them for 6 or so months after getting bored (not the case with the Impreza though!! - selling that is a long story !!).
Hope to meet some of you perhaps.

Cheers Pete.

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Welcome to Cs

Pics of the Flamer ???????????

havent got many pics yet due to the crap weather and using it everyday..

Clio.gif

clio2.gif

clio3.gif

And yes it is as good as the pictures, its pretty much mint body & interior wise..

Oh and here's my previous car..

ScoobyRing1.jpg

DSCF0006-3-1.jpg

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
And here's some pics of my old cars:-

Golf20vtfinished640.jpg

Golf20vtbay2640.jpg

Golfrolling.jpg

DSCF0008-4.jpg

DSCF0007-4.jpg

DSCF0006-3.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

917ef7c4.jpg

golf2offsidefront.jpg

VR6OSF.jpg

this is just some of them going back about 6 yrs, loads more i owned including an e34 M5 3.8...

A silver Honda
For about 3 days yes!, pressure washed a load of paint off the drivers rear door, camo ensued, then i remembered i was 37!:D
lol I was at the Sussex Scoobies Rolling Road day a few months ago with my mate Brad. Thought i recognised it.

fd879733.jpg

Caterham 270R
Great cars mate

Flamer looks stunning and love the yellow fogs.......

Love the Vw and audis ( I worked for them for 10 years )

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Yes i love my Dubs,

G176 VTL mk2 was BAM code lump on DTA E48 with 280bhp, that was fun!

Corrado was the love of my life, had black leather with TT front seats, only thing was no air con, only available as retro fit Diavia kit on UK RHD cars so i retrofitted it myself from a Mk3 VR6:cool:.

Mk2 16V on Ronal LS's was a great car, fast and frugal.

Mk3 VR6 was also running a ZR2 Supercharger which i fitted myself.

850R was manual which is rare as rocking horse sh1t and was Remapped,surprised a few people with that one....

Audi S2 has full H&R and koni's, with All Subframe bushes front and rear, RS2 anti roll bars,QRS top mounts,17" magnesium splitrim ACT's,Poly wishbone bushes and stuck to the road like s**t to a blanket, oh and it was mapped to 290bhp too...

And the Impreza RA, what a car, never thought id ever buy a Jap car but it blew me away, ive already got first refusal to buy it back but 290bhp in 1100 kg with a driver controlled centre diff and rear bias torque split makes for a very entertaining car.
0-60 in 4.5 seconds and about the quickest thing point to point for the money.
I did 8.40btg on R888's on a busy saturday at the Nordschleife this summer and the car was awesome, really opened my eyes to how fast the Jap stuff can be and you dont need to spend a fortune either.
In short ive pretty much regretted selling every car ive owned!! but hey ho i cant keep em all!!

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
lovely looking ph1 mate... an plans to do anything to it...(your other cars dont look standard lol)

Not sure how far ill go yet!,

Ive got another front silencer to go on as one of the previous owners has fitted a single box stainless exhaust with the stock discreet look tailpipe tucked up behind the rear bumper.
Its too boomy for me so hopefully when i fit the new silencer behind the cats ala original that should sort it.
I would like to perhaps do something with the suspension as currently the OS rear is knocking on bumps, guessing either the shock is weak or the top mounts are possibly on the way out, will investigate after Christmas.
Main reason i bought it is that for what i would have paid for another Mk2 Golf 16v i got a car that is 10 yrs newer with creature comforts and the same if not better performance, the fact it does nigh on 40mpg on the run to work is a bonus!:cool: