ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New barge - '97 328i Coupe

e91 330d/type r mini
Coilovers and some poke next hopefully, although i may put the cash into more power first.

Shouldnt be spending too much on it, my plan is to save for an m3.

Cheers though love!
are you saving for e36 or e46 m3 ? if you want to have a go in a e46 m3 your more than welcome to have a drive of mine pal and see if you like them :)
if you want a go then let me know.
just a couple more little jobs on your e36 and it will be stunning, good work :)

are you saving for e36 or e46 m3 ? if you want to have a go in a e46 m3 your more than welcome to have a drive of mine pal and see if you like them :)
if you want a go then let me know.
just a couple more little jobs on your e36 and it will be stunning, good work :)

Your a complete gent for the offer mate, however with my budget i'll probably be limited to an e36. Besides, I love most things about my 328 id just like it to be 30% more harder, sharper and mental, which hopefully is where an e36 evo would come in.

All in good time and all that though i guess.

e91 330d/type r mini
Your a complete gent for the offer mate, however with my budget i'll probably be limited to an e36. Besides, I love most things about my 328 id just like it to be 30% more harder, sharper and mental, which hopefully is where an e36 evo would come in.

All in good time and all that though i guess.
no probs mate the offer stands anyway :)
you certainly wont be disapointed with an e36 m3 i have had 2 of them and loved them and sometimes wish id stayed with the simplicity of the e36.

Cheers man.

Front bumper was £100 brand new via design911/ppcgb and I painted it myself.

The rear was a used one from ebay for £75. There's a few scrapes and blemishes on it so I might try blow over it in the future.

Bought myself a new camera today, and theres been a couple of little changes to the 328, so here are a few shots from this evening:

DSCF9769_70_71_narrow.jpg

DSCF9774copy.jpg

DSCF9777copy.jpg

DSCF9788_89_90_tonemappedcopy.jpg

DSCF9795.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I see the changes you've made didn't include suspension? lol .

Still looks nice mate.

Turbos.
It looks pretty good, but it seems like a bit of a wallet burner. Surely it would have made sense to buy a Sport one to begin with?

Certainly needs some spacers and lows!

Already running 13mm spacers on the front, they caught like a b**ch on the back, so hopefully going to get a pair of 10s, and with the bit of camber coilovers will provide they should just tuck.

Coilovers in 2 weeks i promise!

120d M Sport
As much as I like these, people have awful perceptions of them, particularly when modified. Along the lines of 'hes bought a cheap old beamer just for the sake of having a beamer'

Never above 25mpg
I love the wheels, and I love 328 E36s but I don't think they suit together Tom! Looks bleedy mint and tidy though!!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
I love e36's after a customer took me out in his, i have got an avus blue 318is atm and got a 328 engine on the way, however i have been looking at estoril blue e36 m3's hoping to get one next summer

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Took me a while to find a nice 328 sport. I think i may get an E46 330 next year. But im happy at present, but i had 2 rear brake calipers seized and a wheel bearing 2 months ago. Gulp. But so far so good, its a shame new suspension costs 800quid!!

I do love just how solid everything feels compared to the clio, mines only got 65k on it yet even with the dreaded nikasil block, it feels pretty much bulletproof. Isnt the original suspension Bilstein on the sports?

It took me 5 months of searching every single day to find a decent one, and even then it wasnt a sport like i wanted. Good manual cars with service and non-galactic miles are impossible to come across it seems.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I do love just how solid everything feels compared to the clio, mines only got 65k on it yet even with the dreaded nikasil block, it feels pretty much bulletproof. Isnt the original suspension Bilstein on the sports?

It took me 5 months of searching every single day to find a decent one, and even then it wasnt a sport like i wanted. Good manual cars with service and non-galactic miles are impossible to come across it seems.

Yup bilsteins, I would look at eibach Prolines slightly less Horton road esque

e91 330d/type r mini
what exhaust have you put on your car tom? when i was following the other day and you opened it up around that bus it sounded well but was bloody loud :)
definately a clean car and looks very nice in the flesh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats lovely! How much was that? Although i wouldn't want a decat....

Gotta say im loving mine. I was tempted to shroud the lights, but i've found some decent bulbs so i wont bother. (although i did buy some smoked indicators to try :eek: )
Currently saving for some AP coilovers, as tbh the rest of my car is perfect the way it is.

Also need to know where you got those plates. Need those.

Cheers Tom, the exhaust was via ebay, although im relatively certain it only comes with the decat and you cant fit it without as the pipe lengths are different to standard.

I got mine for a completely silly price, £220 brand new and delivered for the whole system.

Plates are here. Fully bsau marked as well:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120765261206

Ive got to say i really like the look of the shrouded lenses, think it beefs the front up a touch.

Like yourself, just waiting for coilovers now.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Tom, yours is looking fantastic.

riz, snap:

IMG_90331.jpg

I've just had my wheels refurb and rust sorted, will take some new pics when i can.

I'm going more for a mint OEM look

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nice saner, i got rid of my bbs. Couldn't be arsed with the refurb.

What did you do with the rust?

Lovely saner, makes me really need some m side strips.

riz - the shrouding thing is to do with the headlights. If you look at mine, on the dipped beam (outer most), i removed the glass lenses then fitted some pre-cut shrouds which i sprayed black. They are basically a piece of shaped metal with a hole in the centre for the projector beam. Gives a much cleaner beam with less scatter, and imo looks better. Yat on e36coupe produces them.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I know what you mean, i ummed and arrred for 6 months then just did it. They do now look epic, time will tell for how long though. I commute 140 miles a day so the ride is important to me! (As in not wanting bigger wheels or stiffer suspension)

I know a guy who runs a bodyshop so got it done at a good price, all thats left is things like the leather which is a bit worn.

So this finally happened a few days ago. Not had the chance to get any decent photos yet, so got this earlier today before doing an oil change:

DSCF0016copy.jpg

Rears probably need to come up a touch, they scrub over really large bumps, fronts dont catch but dont have much room left at all, already had to raise them to make it daily-driveable.