ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Brakes

Car  Cup 172
Within the last two weeks my Cup has had...

Greenstuff front pads
OEM rear discs and pads
Braided lines
Fluid change

Difference is amazing. Much better intial bite and the pedal has a nice progressive feel to it...

Money well spent!
 
Done a overhaul on my valver recently.

Fluid, braided lines, disk's + pads all round, and new calipers on the front, feels great with fresh stuff don't it!
 
I've done the same except Braided Lines.

Do you think it might be worth doing the lines??
 
yer the braided line make a difference. soon as i need new pads im getting Greenstuff front pads, the highcarbon discs , maybe the grooved ones depending on fred reviews, and the lines.
 
My discs were only down to 23mm (minimum is 21.8mm), so plenty of life left.

I'd recommend the lines. For 50 notes, they really do make a difference to pedal feel and should be even better when really pushing.

Also good to strip everything down and give it a good clean...
 
Well, I fitted the disks, pads and callipers and they felt really nice.

But I decided to get a garage to change the fluid and fit the lines, as hydraulics' are one of my most hated areas.

Basically I cant say if the lines did much, but people do rate them and they don't cost too much, why not change them when your fluid is due for its next change?
 
Despite everyone saying the Clios stop faster than a Ferrari, i don't like them that much. It may just be my car but they are a bit spongy for my liking...i'll probably get a similar upgrade then when my car is due it's service!
 
I went for the Mo-Quip lines from Yozz... apparently they are having problems getting the goodridge ones and these are actually better...
 
I've recently bought braided hoses (goodridge), Brembo hi-carbon disks, and Ferodo DS2500 (i think) pads - Pedal feel is a lot better, and they bite much harder when warm! £200 notes all in, money well spent!

Tyson.
 
Tyson-182 said:
I've recently bought braided hoses (goodridge), Brembo hi-carbon disks, and Ferodo DS2500 (i think) pads - Pedal feel is a lot better, and they bite much harder when warm! £200 notes all in, money well spent!

Tyson.

Sounds good m8. Standard 182 brakes are sheeeeit. Very easy to over-cook them.

D.
 
the goodridge lines are a bugger to get hold of, so we've had mocal/moquip lines made to our own specs (same price as the goodridge) but these are FULLY stainless, inc the fittings, where as the goodies have zinc plated ends
 
I really don't like the way the 182's standard brakes feel braking over 100 MPH....the front gets all nervous and tries and goes left and right...not a pleasant feeling at all. Got the good man himself bringing me over some new discs and pads soon!!!
 
Back
Top