ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car Clio S 138 or 207GT

197cup
much different loking car than the previous clio but heap of cool kits avainable already an it's a better build quality than pug

Dirty E91
The Pug has been getting some very good write ups, plus ias it's a turbo if you want more "go" it should be cheaper and easier.

Octy VRS
I'd go for the Pug too. And there is nothing wrong with the build quality of them. It's no worse than Renault.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I,ve bought a 138 for the mrs, it arrives march 12 , i,ve got in touch with k-tec and asked if they are going to produce lowering springs. they should be ready in about 2 months. as far as driving the car its about the same as the old 206gti (136 version)on performance , 8.2 to 60 or 8.5 to 62 ,127 mph . gearbox is brilliant well stacked and a 23mph/1000 in 6th(very quiet on motorway). insurance is dirt cheap being grp 9 shes been quoted £310yr (29 year old.) Hers will be pearl black with xenons. Most of her driving will be 30 mile a day m/way drive to work so its very relaxed on the cruise. I'm a fussy git with cars and i have to say i was totally shocked how good it was on the test drive. As a package it does what is says on the box! If your after hot hatch looks wait for the GT version they are bringing out in the next few months. Hope this helps.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its actually co built with renault so mwhahaha lol

work for peugeot, i no all the less publicised crap

Octy VRS
I don't understand all this build quality rubbish. I've owned loads of Pugs and the build quality is fine, no better or worse than Renault. I bought my Clio from new and the glove box door sticks out one side. The driver's side door trim does not fit properly at the top and the rear speaker vibrates the trim on one side. Doesn't put me off though!

106 GTi
I don't understand all this build quality rubbish. I've owned loads of Pugs and the build quality is fine, no better or worse than Renault. I bought my Clio from new and the glove box door sticks out one side. The driver's side door trim does not fit properly at the top and the rear speaker vibrates the trim on one side. Doesn't put me off though!

What do you expect they are both built by French companies. My 306 old 306 was fairly well screwed together, my current one rattles to hell at only 40K, and my 205 and 309 where much the same!

The 207 will never reach German levels of build.

Octy VRS

What do you expect they are both built by French companies. My 306 old 306 was fairly well screwed together, my current one rattles to hell at only 40K, and my 205 and 309 where much the same!

What I mean is people are saying don't go for the Peugeot because of the build quality. I think they are both of equal standard!

Octy VRS

What I mean is people are saying don't go for the Peugeot because of the build quality. I think they are both of equal standard!

Octy VRS

RB 197 fatty
if i was you i would spend an extra £3000 and get the corsa VXR if you want a new car, its gonna be big by the look of it! 1.6 turbocharged up to 140mph and 187bhp,

i reeeeeaaallllllyyy want one!:D

Better than yours. C*nt.
The old dear's ordered herself a 138 and I think it's a nice car - it'll never be a RenaultSport but it's comfortable, fairly sporty but without all the discomfort of sports cars.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
obscene amount of money for a 'warm' hatch

you can have a MINT low mileage 182 on a '55' for 11K

or an '05' Meg 225 Cup Turbo for 11-12K