ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Time (Finally)

Combo
After 3 years with the Clio, I decided I wanted something more, however it will be missed as it served me well.

DSC01279.jpg

Picked this up a few days ago and am loving it. Haven't had a chance to really drive it properly but picked this up from Lincolnshire and drove back to Kent (all motorway) and it feels much more solid than my Clio (as expected).

Plans are, floor mats, new number plates, new tax disc holder and wheel refurb as the rear ones are horrid.

Enjoy.

PC310467a.jpg

PC310468a.jpg

PC310471a.jpg

PC310472a.jpg

PC310474a.jpg

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Nice upgrade from the Clio. The engine is abit gutless in them though but I'm sure your not that bothered. Handle well I've heard.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Nice love the colour! Needs the factory Recaro's, but I'm sure you'd be able source some of them somewhere.

A mate has got one of these, he's put the powerworks supercharger on his, currently pushing around 300+ bhp. Couple that with a quaife atb makes it a lively motor.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nice car,more practical than the clio and iirc the xenons were a £600 option,hence the rarity...

Combo
I've heard that it's undepowered compared to the 2.0L Clios but this doesn't bother me. I'm just enjoying it.

The xenons are lovely and really wanted them on the car, hence searching for ages and the long distance to get it.

Re the Recaros: the seats aren't too bad, they don't hold you in as well compared to the Clio seats but they will do for now. I may change them in the future but I do like the electric buttons.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Mk5 golf gti
I nearly bought one until the test drive

mpg was shocking and the clutch worries put me off a bit

handled well though and does look good

i went for the Alfa 147 though which im glad i went with over the st170

even though the mpg isnt much better Lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tidy. Like the colour. Friend had one a few years ago, nearly new too. Had it for a couple of years then bought an ST2.

Don't worry about how much power it has or hasn't got. It is what it is ! Enjoy it dude !!

Re: wheel refurb - Rim-tec at Meopham did a cracking job on my Clio wheels, and have done a couple of sets for my Dad too.

320d
Nice car that mate. A lot more grown up than a 1*2. A mate of mine had one of these, my 172 was far quicker but his st170 was a lot more solid and a better everyday car. Some decent upgrades available for the duratec engine too.

Combo
Right a few minor updates.

After owning the car for about a month, I'm still loving it. Such a nice place to be inside, no rattles or leaks. Everything just seems to be build a lot better.

Regarding fuel, its not horrendous, I get about 320 miles a tank, going on mostly A and B roads.

I bought new custom fit mats off eBay and a tax disc from ffoc but it's such a slow forum I hardly ever use it.

IMG_0127-1.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0128-1.jpg

I also replaced the pollen filter as the old was was grim.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140-1.jpg

Also added a seat cover as after work I'm normally covered in filth, (gardener)

IMG_0141-1.jpg

Changed the side lights to LED ones. (Such a pain in the arse as there is no room behind the lights in the bay)

IMG_0142-1.jpg

To:

IMG_0143-1.jpg

I changed the rear wiper for a smooth one from a C3 which looks and performs better.

IMG_0145-1.jpg

To:

IMG_0146-1.jpg

And finally changed the number plates as the old one had the old car dealership on them and where really messy.

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

To:

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

I attached them with velcro so no more screw caps visible.

I've ordered a new air filter and going to clean up the engine bay a bit as its in a bit of a mess.

Thanks for looking.

Combo
Thanks guys.

Rob: There are quite a few about and I wanted one Imperial blue but these hold about a £500 premium so I got the next best thing.

No Recaros :(

Good buy though, best colour (after IB, but they are a dime a dozen). I considered these before pushing my budget up to the S3. Really nice to drive and handle well :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That looks very nice. I always secretly lusted after one of these while running my 1.6 Zetec into the ground.

That handled well enough, so with a better/firmer setup, and another 70 bhp, what's not to like :approve:

120d M Sport
They are quite flawed....the gearing isn't well matched to the power, the engine is thirsty and they are expensive to insure and tax for the performance.

Do come with some nice features if you get the right car though...they have a stainless exhaust as standard :) should make a few nice pops. An option was a factory fitted sub!

Combo
No Recaros :(

Good buy though, best colour (after IB, but they are a dime a dozen). I considered these before pushing my budget up to the S3. Really nice to drive and handle well :)

I don't know if I like the Recaros. I've had a look on eBay and they are about £500 and not really sure they look that good to warrant spending that sort of money. I may have a look for other seats but at the moment these ones are OK.