ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio PX on s2000

Clio 200

Looking at buying a Clio 2.0 182 + cup packs
Suspension & spoiler packs
Recaro front seat packs

Total dealer price comes up at £15,975, but offered it to me for £14,750.

Offered my £12,000 px on my year 2000 s2000. (Book trade price is £13,500)

what are your views? I dont really want to spend £2,250 to change to a clio 182, ive seen these web deals (sci direct doing same car for £12,657!? but im not sure how legit they are?

You can pick em up for about 12k mate.

Not sure if the Recaro front seat packs are avaliable. Renault messed up with them. One of the other guys will tell you for sure.

Youd be much better selling the S2000 Private, getting towards the summer so someone will snap it up.

Whatever dealership that was is taken the wee wee!!

Clio 200

i though so, at first the salesman was up for "yep im sure we can just do a straight swop" spoke to his manager, came back saying "we want 2k as well" :/

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah agree. Sell the S2000 privately, I expect you will sell it easy. Get the 182 for £12500 online or from a better dealer.

Tbh I dont know why people are waiting for those seats. They are nice but I just dont see as though it is worth it. If you want that sort of thing do a proper job and have the rear seats out and fit some proper seats and harnesses.
Your other option is to go back to the salesman and say look, I can get X for the S2000 privately and buy a new 182 for X so either do a direct swap or the deal is off and I am walking. Thats what I did, they said ok no deal then and I went off and got it cheaper online. Their loss or rather the loss of the stupid punters who will happily pay their prices.

Clio 200

Also... at first he said itd have to be a car to order as he couldnt see any of that spec colour + packs and seats at any other dealer, but then found 3 when he looked again.
Is there a way to search renault dealers for new cars stock? or does anyone know of an Arctic Blue 182 + cup suspension pack, cup spoiler pack, and recaro seats for sale in a dealership somewhere?

as for the seats, i sat in the normal ones, then the recaros and they felt so much more snug and lower, coming from the s2000 where your near enough flat legged, i didnt like the highness of the standard ones

Yaris Hybrid

I think the salesman is taking you for an idiot. In fairness if anyone came to me and said hey I want to swap my S2000 for your 182 I would they were an idiot too.

In your shoes I wouldnt do that swap but if I really was in a silly mood I would go back to the Honda dealer and do a px deal on a CTR.

You sat in the recaro seats in the 182??? I thinks your the first?! It was my understanding that Renault messed up the order and you could not get them for another few months.

I got mine for 12.5k. Wouls benefit you to get a quote from the web and take that to the dealer. There are people on here that have got them for 12.3 i think, which is the cheapest I had heard (not counting those that got F&F discount).

Just tell em straight.... This is what I want you can do it ill go somewhere else. Where you based mate, I know a guy at the Reading dealership that would sort you out.

Clio 200

I know what you mean, s2000 is great, but i run my own business and need to chuck some large boxes in the back, and the s2000 boot isnt what youd call large. Plus the running costs are higher then I can afford.

Im down in somerset, so AKS renault in yeovil is my dealer.

They had 3 182s down there. a 182 cup which i test drove. A inferno 182 + packs which had just been sold, and a 182 that was sold ready for next week, this had the 2 cup packs and recaro seats in, dealer let me sit in and they were lovely :)

If anyone has some free time, if you could mosy on down to your local dealer and see if they have an arctic blue with packs and recaros in, let me know thatd be great :)

apparantly there are 3 somewhere in the country waiting to be sold to me :)

Yaris Hybrid

What about the CTR? That has more space, is more comfortable and you will get a better deal if you take your S2000 down. Plus the build quality will be more what you are used to.

I cannot honestly see you saving much money on running costs though.

Clio 200

CTR is nice, but bang for your buck the 182 wins hands down, plus the CTR is massive inside, feels too big.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by hyby on 01 May 2005

CTR is nice, but bang for your buck the 182 wins hands down, plus the CTR is massive inside, feels too big.
If you are that rational when buying a car, why did you get the S2000 over a VX?

I mean when you look at it logically, the reasons why you would choose an S2000 over a VX are the exact same reasons why you should take a CTR over a 182?

Clio 200

Honda dealer offerd me £12k for my s2k, and wanted nearly £17,5k for a 2,000 mile 54 plate demonstrator!!?! Dealer is right next door to renault tho, they must be smoking something together ..

Clio 200

The vx is a completly differnt car. The s2000 you can live with day to day, a vx, no chance. I like carpet in a car for starters. Plus were talking a few grand more for a CTR.

Yaris Hybrid

£17.5k?!?!?! Jesus! I can get a new one with AC for £16690 guaranteed.

Renault offered me £13500 on an ex demo 182 and that was after I told them I could get a new one for that price. I guess they think people are prepared to pay over the odds rather than wait 4 months.

Clio 200

Exactly, Id much rather find these 3 dealers that have the car exactly as I want and get it in under 2 weeks, rather then 6-8 weeks wait, and then it may even be delayed

As mentioned earlier may be worth posting an advert offering a swap of some form. Sure youd be doing some1 a favour.

Post some pics with details of the car in the for sale section. See what bites.

BTW, good choice, Ive had a fair few cars over the past couple of years, including TTs, Cooper S, E46 BMWs and I can honestly say when driving it, the 182 puts the biggest smile on your face! It genuinely is that good.

Goodluck, now go forth and get.....

they are ripping you off

the 182 is massively over priced, and not enough for your s2000, did you bend over when they gave you that price lol

You should be paing £13000 tops, for a 182 with both cup packs OTR.

Post details of your S2000, Ill give you a valuation from glasses guide.

Is it 2000 on the W or X? How many miles? Uk car?

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 01 May 2005

did you bend over when they gave you that price lol
What with owning an S2000 I bet the dealer assumes that he likes that sort of thing!