ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Trophy Owner

182 Trophy #366
hello hello.

I have just put a deposit down on a clio 182 trophy. Not actually driven it yet as I'm currently relocating back to UK from Sydney. So, yeah, probably stupid but bought it sight unseen as a gift to myself for a new job. Going to be a 2nd fun car only.

1st owner had it until 2017
2nd owner had it for 6 months
now me.
100k miles, full documented services history with all receipts and MOTs.
She is completely stock, with plastic film still on the trophy panels.

List of future work/mods:
- rebuild sachs dampers and powder coat.
- Fish springs
-adjustable rear koni shocks
- Scorpion rs192 exhaust
- matched inlet manifold
- RS Tune remap

IMG-20200116-WA0037.jpg

20200118_221936.jpg

IMG-20200116-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20200116-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20200114-WA0026.jpg

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Welcome along mate.

Fantastic purchase, looks a nice one, and low owners.

I bought a Trophy myself in January, love it! Mine is number 368, almost consecutive numbers!

Enjoy.

182 Trophy #366
Thanks mate, how you finding it? Is it your first Clio sport? This is myn and so far I can see the fun it could be, I’m just not allowed to take it for the drive to stretch the legs and test it out.
In the mean time I’m going to start replacing perished rubber bushes etc.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Thanks mate, how you finding it? Is it your first Clio sport? This is myn and so far I can see the fun it could be, I’m just not allowed to take it for the drive to stretch the legs and test it out.
In the mean time I’m going to start replacing perished rubber bushes etc.

I absolutely love it, but unfortunately have not driven it much; it is a second car, coupled with lockdown at the moment.

This is my 5th 172/182 believe it or not! Most of my previous ones have been documented on here extensively in the projects section. My first 182 I actually converted to full Trophy spec a number of years ago (including Sachs etc) so I kind of knew what to expect when I actually bought the Trophy. Testament to how good these cars are that I have had a few and keep coming back (had many cars in between too including M135i, Lotus Elise, 147 GTA).

Can't put my figure on it, but somehow the Trophy just feels so much more special than any of the Clio's I have previously owned; could be partly psychological knowing it is a limited edition model, but still, a special little thing.

I've started doing some work to mine, all documented in the projects section.