ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New country! New whip! (Jap content)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
stop the viscous fan, jam a cloth in it before you start so it cant move, or get someone to hold before you start.... turn off the air con fans etc too then do the video again, as i cant hear much tbh... might just be a noisy injector...

Good luck at the quacks!

null_zps0bed6a05.gif

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Dude body looks mint!

Love this model.

how are things down under?
Fitting in?

Cheers!

Yeah its pretty good cheers haha.

Yeah just about, made a few friends, but it's quite hard cos I'm not at college/working or anything yet, but that should change soon hopefully!

I was looking at doing a video production/editing uni course back in UK, but over here there aren't as many jobs in the industry, so kinda having to change what I wanna do.

Looking into an automotive course but is more the bodywork side of things so like panel beating, spraying and that kinda crap.

Would be handy as I wanna open up my own detailing business, with a shop selling all the good s**t!

There's nowhere here that sells decent detailing gear here! all this armor-all shite.

Haven't done any market research, this is just an idea.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Worth doing be a good idea. Never enough detailing products

sorry about your knocking noise dude.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Do it dan. Sounds like there is a gap in the market for you out there!

Also, your car on the truck. From that angle your car looks amazing!

Get some proper photo's up soon when shes back and well :D. Wish I could take some pictures for you

Haha cheers Chris.

Yeah there are some proper photo's in this thread if you have a quick flick through :p

EDIT: I tell a lie... I put them in another thread haha.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ic-heavy-fully-jap-content&highlight=shoot+nz

Do it dan. Sounds like there is a gap in the market for you out there!

Also, your car on the truck. From that angle your car looks amazing!

Get some proper photo's up soon when shes back and well :D. Wish I could take some pictures for you

Road trip?

Last edited:

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Right...

Just got off the phone to the mechanic, he said he checked it over, couldn't really hear a knocking noise, but the timing was advanced by like 30 degrees or something which is at risk of melting a piston or something, so they sorted that and now he said it all seems fine :S

Everyone's been saying my big end bearings gone... Strange huh.

I'll go down later to see if I can still hear the knock

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i know advancing the timing on those engines was to compensate for boost ( to a degree ) but i cant see how tht made the knocking noise lol.

if its gone the dam me be the better of evil

Okay the noise is top end.
And is being caused by a dodgy cam.

Hello sports cams :D

Might need a new cam angle sensor if that's whats mucked up the timing.

Heard they're expensive :/

Yeah mate, tonnes!

IDK wether to just get normal cams or some more aggressive ones, but don't know if I have to do anything with the lifters/valves/springs if I get more aggressive cams

Spraying the gash white interior a nice dark metallic blue!

null_zps0bbbc723.jpg

null_zps3712a52f.jpg

Going a nice dark metallic blue. 1st pic was after 2nd colour coat.

Need to let the paint cure then I'm gonna sand it down and give it a good polish so the reflections are good and to get rid of the orange peel effect from using rattle cans.

Hai

utasasu5.jpg

Sprayed the rest of the interior.

Spoken to Rora directly, and apparently they don't do cosmic blue grids in a fitment that will be easy to fit on my car, so unless I roll the arches and get silly camber, I can't get cosmic blue grids.

I've kinda got my heart set on the cosmic blue colour, and the guys at Rota recommended the Gforce range they do, he said they still have some mean concave.

(I think this is a pic without concave)

5ubazyme.jpg

So either I get grids in a different colour or I go for the Gforce.

What do you guys think I should do?

Grids has been done to death on civics and skylines. Do something different bro.

Although the concave grid drifts are sexy!

Have you looked into XXR alloys? Check out the 527 model

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
You are close enough to Japan to get on some auctions and get some proper wheels! f**k rota etc lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I know I can get wheels from Japan to the uk for the same as a set of rotards so nz can't be any more!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Have you seen the prices though...

Cheaper to get brand new Rota's than 2nd hand wheels from japan.

You have to take into consideration shipping and tax etc

You could look at it this way...

£700 second hand rays will be worth in 6 months time.... £700

£600 brand new rotas will be worth in 6 months time.... £400 at very best

Happy days!

Got my car back from the garage again, they gave it a good inspection and had a look inside the engine and found that the noise I was hearing is nothing major, it's a noisy lifter, but isn't that much of a problem at the moment.

If the noise gets worse then it to change the lifter will be about £500 which isn't that bad as considering I was preparing myself for an engine rebuild!

Noticed the temp gauge keeps creeping up when in traffic so might give it a coolant flush and a new thermostat to see if that sorts it.

Also gave it some neochrome love.

10663751766_f8a7f0d69e.jpg

Untitled by danedser, on Flickr

Also personal update - I've got my permanent residency approved! Time to start earning some money!

Last edited: