ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Daily Motor Purchased!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Are you lot talking about the car in the OP, or posting in the wrong thread?

2013 and 5.7seconds is slow... and 30+ on a run is bad fuel consumption? Clio blinkers on me thinks...

Great car at 20 or any age! Enjoy it and good luck in the new job pal!

THIS! Since when has sub 6 seconds to 60 been slow? Combined with ultra quiet, high specification, high comfort. Seriously some people need to get out the Clio mindset. Comparing this to any Renault is just laughable, anything French tbh.

Awesome car, massively expensive but in 5 door guise, these cars do everything you'd need a car to do.

A Beautiful R32
Beautiful car, hope you enjoy it, I miss my r32 - but I will have one of those vr6 engines again one day.

And lol at some of the comments saying it's slow... even the DSG mk5 r32s are sub 6 seconds to sixty, awesome grip & traction too.

5 door mk6 R could possibly be the perfect all round car.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Beautiful car, hope you enjoy it, I miss my r32 - but I will have one of those vr6 engines again one day.

And lol at some of the comments saying it's slow... even the DSG mk5 r32s are sub 6 seconds to sixty, awesome grip & traction too.

5 door mk6 R could possibly be the perfect all round car.

It could be if it was an RS3 :cool:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Lovely car, only seen about 3 on the roads up until 2 week ago when I have been up working in Aberdeen... R32's rs4's m3's and golf r's are everywhere!

Cup In bits
Lovely car, only seen about 3 on the roads up until 2 week ago when I have been up working in Aberdeen... R32's rs4's m3's and golf r's are everywhere!

Yup all special editions are like sphincter's up here. Bentleys are rife just now for some reason, followed a new f-type jag today too....undecided on it. #oil & gas

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Clio is faster at the end of the slip road

my clio has cams and is fairly stripped out which will give it a bit of an advantagr

dont get me wrong the R is fast top end. Pulls like a train. After some light engine work she will be sound

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Top top that fella, whatever your doing keep doing it. . Cant wait to see your next motor.

A Beautiful R32
Clio is faster at the end of the slip road

my clio has cams and is fairly stripped out which will give it a bit of an advantagr

dont get me wrong the R is fast top end. Pulls like a train. After some light engine work she will be sound

The R is a genuine 270bhp and 4wd, it's fast everywhere and much quicker than a 182. It doesn't need any engine work to be a great car.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Clio is faster at the end of the slip road my clio has cams and is fairly stripped out which will give it a bit of an advantagr dont get me wrong the R is fast top end. Pulls like a train. After some light engine work she will be sound

Spend the same amount on the Golf as you have one cams for the Clio and watch it destroy 95% of cars that come near it.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Same engine as the S3 and Cupra R. Craig Dolans LCR was stage 2+ and running 380/400. Went like a scalded cat!!

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
sorry to bring this thread back to life but i have to back up my previous comments about the clio being faster

Managed a 14.378 in the clio on the 1/4 mile

Managed a 14.71 in the golf on the same 1/4 mile,

both days were sunny however the day i was running the golf was a bit cooler.
I was having issues launching the golf however after a bit more practice i should be alright

heard numerous theorys about how to launch the golf
apparently its not as simple as rev the tits off it and dump the clutch LOL

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Interesting as golf r sould be low 14's with the 4wd I would have thought.

mate was doing 1/4 miles last weekend In a throttle bodied trophy with semi slicks and got a 14.41, same afternoon a 3.2 dsg a3 got 14.38 and this on old airfield used once a year and not a sticky strip like pod?

golf maybe poorly?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Like i said i was struggling to launch the golf.
Having read up on the us golf forums im not that far out. If i was getting better launches etc then I reckon i'd get the time down.
However i expected it to be a stone waller with the 4wd system.
I'll get the car on the rollers soon and see what sort of power i am getting. That way i'll be sure the golf is okay

Cup In bits
I could quite believe it sponge, everyone on here's got a boost hard on yo'

4wd only gets you off the line quick and then it just drinks power from then on.

Z4
LOL at all the jealous muppets in this thread. That sir, is awesome. Well done.

And no matter what speed, it will destroy any incarnation of standard Clio.

LOL at golf fan boys.
There needs to be a significant power to weight advantage in order to 'destroy' something which the golf simply doesn't have. It's a little quicker, granted, and it'll pull effortlessly in gear but it's no rocket ship.

Lovely car OP. There's other cars that would get my money in that price bracket but it does look like a stunning all rounder, good choice.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at golf fan boys.
There needs to be a significant power to weight advantage in order to 'destroy' something which the golf simply doesn't have. It's a little quicker, granted, and it'll pull effortlessly in gear but it's no rocket ship.

Lovely car OP. There's other cars that would get my money in that price bracket but it does look like a stunning all rounder, good choice.

Take destroy with a pinch of salt, but any standard Clio owner thinking he could keep pace with an R32/Golf R in a straight line is dreaming.

Cup In bits
Take destroy with a pinch of salt, but any standard Clio owner thinking he could keep pace with an R32/Golf R in a straight line is dreaming.

I think your confusing point to point and in gear acceleration performance, of those two the golf will be better at the later being a turbo and having loads of torque. On the flip side if you had a race with the Clio sitting at 4-5k just before its peak torque band then it would have the edge.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Im talking about anywhere in the rev range. There is honestly no situation in which my old 182 was quicker than the R32.

Cup In bits
Im talking about anywhere in the rev range. There is honestly no situation in which my old 182 was quicker than the R32.

You think that, torque is a funny thing mate. Most will swear their diesel 'feels' quicker than such and such but there's a difference between feel and fact.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
You think that, torque is a funny thing mate. Most will swear their diesel 'feels' quicker than such and such but there's a difference between feel and fact.

Oh I forgot about the monumental torque the F4R produces. Both R32/R have more power and more torque. More weight aswell but still, I'd be willing to gamble im 99.9% of situations either of them is quicker than a 1*2.

Anyway I'll stop spamming this thread, Golf Rs are epic. 1*2s aren't too bad either.

Cup In bits
Oh I forgot about the monumental torque the F4R produces. Both R32/R have more power and more torque. More weight aswell but still, I'd be willing to gamble im 99.9% of situations either of them is quicker than a 1*2.

Anyway I'll stop spamming this thread, Golf Rs are epic. 1*2s aren't too bad either.

Like I said, point to point the clio will have the golf licked, if it was a 3rd gear 40mph low rpm blast well the golf is going to win.

My point wasn't about f4r's having masses of torque as they don't, it was that a car with big torque, small power and big weight can be very deceptive.

Agreed, i'll stop spamming but R32's are far from epic in my book, their nice cars but not super car slayers like CS would have you believe or 'baller' yo.

And i'm not against these as I love sponges car. There just a lot more comparable in performance than is made out in here by others.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

I really didnt think an R32 fealt quicker than my 182. The noise was out of this world but the power was on par, just so much weight to pull along.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Point to point? So are we talking twisties now? Can't see there being much in it. Doesn't 'handle' as well as my old 182, but the grip is pretty impressive. Would be no faster than a 1*2, but it would certainly keep with it. I loved my old 182, I'd buy it back in a heartbeat. But as an overall car, it isn't even in the same league as an R32, even less so a Golf R.

There's a lot of long nosed Clio owners in this thread. I can't remember the last time a Clio gave my S3 any issues and that's power to weight ratio is a decent chunk lower than the Golf (standard vs standard). In fact, the only one was Jon's S/C ph1...

Still love the look of these! Hope you're enjoying it chap!

Cup In bits
Point to point would be a bit of mixed driving, straights and corners.

I agree they're nice cars both the golfs, better all round cars for sure and i'm no Clio fan boy either (they're just my toys) but I just don't get the CS fascination with the r32's I really don't, of my 3 friends who's owned one they swiftly got rid off it.

None said it was an awful car just that it wasn't great.