ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine advice!

172 Cup
some of you may remember i made a post about my engine being screwed and me being fu**cked over by the guy i bough it off and not having original engine etc etc!

Anyway i have put a genuine 182 refurb engine in which looks the bolloxs and is a breath of fresh air compared to my old one! I saw it come out f the box from renualt so no problems this time!

Anyway i have done bout 50 miles in it and have not taken it over 3500rpm yet as i got told by my mechanic to not take it over 3500 for first 500 miles then not over 4000 for next 500 and then after that i can unleash hell with it lol!

Been speakin to a few friends and they dont agree with that method of running in!

Let me know what u guys all think and what the best way to do it is!
cheers

Run it in hard. No need to "bed" anything in with gentle running on modern engines. As long as it's up to temperature (oil not just coolant so about 5/10 mins driving) then you can give it death.

clio...
Conflicting views, Some people say take it easy for 1-5k miles... Others say thrash the hell out of it from day one.
A agree with thrashing it, aslong as its warmed up properly.

53 Clio's & counting
id always go a lil easy on it, not feather it, but personally i would give it full till its got at least 600 miles or so on

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
the hard run in method seems logical, more pressure creates a tighter smoother seal in the cylinders apparently, can't do any harm that hasn't been done on initial fire up. Just don't go bouncing off the limiter cause that's bound to give problems regardless of age.