ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
finished one!

its hard to take pics of but its mirror shiney :)
a7376f80.jpg

24886a6e.jpg

will get the other front done over the weekend, gotta strip the paint off the other 2 centres and the rears are easy to polish up :) i will do a side by side pic with a polished and un polished :) there is a MASSIVE difference though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
rim wax and elbow greese lol! laquer doesnt stick to polished alloy too well, could get a clear powder coat on them, but it yellows and hazes when it gets cold...

centres go to the coaters monday... i hopefully will have them back a day or 2 later... if i can convince them to rush them lol! i need the rx7 back in my life, mx5 is killing me!

White Sti Hatch
rim wax and elbow greese lol! laquer doesnt stick to polished alloy too well, could get a clear powder coat on them, but it yellows and hazes when it gets cold...

centres go to the coaters monday... i hopefully will have them back a day or 2 later... if i can convince them to rush them lol! i need the rx7 back in my life, mx5 is killing me!

You got PM mate.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
second rim is done....

d1044c06.jpg

this shows what the surface is like before i go near it... see all the corrosion and nastyness... these have been hit and left to soak for a while with wonderwheels.... so thats how strong the corrosion is!

e15e6d56.jpg

that isnt curbing its more corrosion

eeeb2508.jpg

finished by unfinished... the finished one the marks around the bolt holes is just polish i havent cleaned off propperly lol....

fe491b8d.jpg

both fronts finished... i will go over them with a bit of autosol then look at of a way of protecting them....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bloody nice work! Love the amount of dedication :)

Bet you can't wait to get it on the road, these wheels should make a serious difference as before they just didn't look special.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
rears will be quicker and easier there is no hand sanding or polishing to do as i can get my mops in all the areas i need too :) centres were dropped off today guy is gonna get them done this week for me.... need to decide what size rubber im gonna run.... *sigh*

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm so glad I don't have polished rims anymore lol. Good work, great amounts of effort!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i honestly cant wait to get the centres back! the finish is AMAZING! seen a couple american cars in the JDM scene with similar.... i havent really seen anyone in the uk with the same effect :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i need to decide what widths and profile im gonna go for 225/40/17 for the rear prob and 205/40/17 on the fronts i guess

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
shall give it a go jon!

they are 9's rear and 8.5's front.... these tyres wont last long, mapping will prob kill them off, and as its now been made a pure weekend/fun car when they are dead r888's will be going on.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
got the centres back :D

947a89dc.jpg

2ceb3b27.jpg

its sooo hard to get a photo of them, deeeeeeeeeeeep purple with glitter and a pearl on it, goes from like a black, to gold to green to stupidly bright purple.... overly happy :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
POW!

80703cdd.jpg

9b8e1474.jpg

e8c04e8e.jpg

376c3334.jpg

and 1 front done...
dc5ca780.jpg

i got one rim to finish polishing, 2 sets of bolts need to be polished, i also need to buy 2 new bolts aswell, as i was retarded and snapped them both :(

Charged Superleggera
good effort man. Always thought the wheels let your rx7 down but now i cant wait to see them fitted :). you keeping it at the same height malice?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im not sure about height... its pretty low as it is tbh, if i go much lower im worried the rad will get hit.... will see what its like... will get some spacers before i adjust the height, plus it was corner weighted but that wont make much odds now as i have loads of stuff in random places now lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just test fitted a rear as i was bored and had just built it up... i got one rim left to do and will have the rubber fitted either tomorrow or monday depending on when i get the last wheel done!

cda960f1.jpg

rubber turned up, went with federal 595's cheap as chips and actually pretty good, alot of drifters are using them because they last a while and dont delaminate and the performance is pretty good!

8c3fc961.jpg

4c499caa.jpg

new spline drive nuts in steel not alloy so no wheel falling off issues lol!
172b01b0.jpg

then just a couple new stickers :D both jimmy up limited edition ones :) first is glitter purple to match the wheels...
cdf62b85.jpg

second is brushed gold and platinum :D
3fd4411d.jpg

i got some more stickers coming next week lol... i have an obsession lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
not heard anything bad about them yet gaz... im not sure how well they will last once mapped... need to pull my finger out, was gonna go trax in it... but dont see it happening, was gonna go with my gf but split up last night so i might just go get wrecked on a 3 day bender lol!