ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

not heard anything bad about them yet gaz... im not sure how well they will last once mapped... need to pull my finger out, was gonna go trax in it... but dont see it happening, was gonna go with my gf but split up last night so i might just go get wrecked on a 3 day bender lol!

Me neither, just intrigued to see how they hold up with the power you'll be running. Sod Trax, a 3 day bender will be far better :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well im not going trax.... i worked last night... went to a house party and got far to in to it... got home at 10:30am this morning... couldnt sleep no matter what, had work tonight thought i was gonna die, actually contemplated going to the hospital lol! finished work, came home and gonna try and sleep...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cd5735cf.jpg

fitted :D

cb4c1a7f.jpg

neeeeeed spacers for the front for sure, the back isnt tooooo bad, but i will prob stick some on anyway, made a boo boo with the rubber, went for 205/40/17 on the front and 245/45/17 rear and being a thinner profile on the front looks a bit odd and exagerates the need for spacers.... so will bang some 25mm's on the front and see how it looks.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cd5735cf.jpg

fitted :D

cb4c1a7f.jpg

neeeeeed spacers for the front for sure, the back isnt tooooo bad, but i will prob stick some on anyway, made a boo boo with the rubber, went for 205/40/17 on the front and 245/45/17 rear and being a thinner profile on the front looks a bit odd and exagerates the need for spacers.... so will bang some 25mm's on the front and see how it looks.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
this week im gonna have the interior out AGAIN! to remove the black carpet and fit the red carpet :D then put everything back in... sort out 1 or 2 electrical jobs then headlights back on and she is ready to drive propperly :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im not feeling the wheels but they may look better in the flesh..

Still love the car though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i will take it for a drive when its all sorted and take propper pics...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its been held up for a min... i have been sooooo busy with work i havent had time to work on it... then like today when i do have a chance... its pissing down and i have no actual garage to work in... so im looking for a unit to rent atm... its 90% there :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
been keeping my eye on this cos im 90% that im gonna try a rx7. only upto 350bhp though on a single turbo. your in the rotary club aint ya? seen ya name floating around.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh im on mazda rotary club and fduk :)

no driving vids yet... atm it has no interior lol!

tbh stock twins will run 350bhp and prob be more responsive (less lag) than a single... unless you go for a to4e or something small... a set of 99 spec twins running the stock sequential would be a nice settup... constant power from under 2k up to 8500rpm run a ignition amp and water injection to make it pretty much bullet proof... trust me, if you go stupid like i have... you cant drive them daily lol.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I'm still looking how people are going about stuff but the twins I've heard are quite thirsty with sequential setup where as a single you can keep it off boost. I would like it more fun and drivable though. I had my heart set on some wheels aswell which I found out were volk ce28n which are 600 quid each. Lol : (.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmmm tbh its not too hard, it depends on the mapping etc... you can keep sequentials off boost easy... however the sequential settup can be fussy and hard to sort if they get a problem which is why most people go non sequential or single... if you were closer i would say you could come have a ride in mine... but its pointless as you would prob either hate it or want similar lol!

which is the same reason i refuse to go in a rx7 with a v8.... i know i would prob want one lol.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I thought 20b 4 rotors were the shizzle in the Rex scene. Dunno about you but I found the rx7club better than the rotary forum. Alot of japped up bad taste body kits where as the Americans like subtle like me. Like you have sleeks where I prefer the pop ups.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
20b is 3 rotor 26b is 4 rotor.... but... you are looking £15k for a 20b and £25k+ for a 4 rotor build...

im going back to poppups im 90% sure anyway lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I def would if I where you. Oh yeah 26b. There a great looking car to start with, a 99spec bumper, lights (front and back) and lip and your sorted IMO oh and awesome wheels ofcourse. Pity about the volks : (.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
waiting for a few parts, have recently taken the dash out AGAIN removed the black carpet, fixed a leak from the bulkhead which was thanks to the prick at atomicrex who fitted my "heated windscreen" which didnt heat lol... and in the process managed to drill a hole in the bulkhead in the scuttle panel to feed the wires through... which was at the lowest point in the panel next to the drain... so instead of the water going down the drain... you guessed it... it went in the car!

also ordered some mikalor clamps for the rad hoses... knew the dimentions of the hoses, and the thickness... the clamps i needed gave me 1mm slack at the widest setting... however i didnt take in to account the stretch the hose takes so i have 10 mikalor clamps that are useless :/

so then came to putting it back together...

slipped this carpet in...

d39ad8a0.jpg

sooo rare to get a red rx7 carpet lol! they are all black normally so soon as i heard about this i jumped at it, its mint and only cost £40 was a bit dirty but i cleaned it up with some autoglym s**t then banged a steamcleaner on it :) followed by and aquavac to suck the moisture out :) then put the dash back in... i have a new set of dash panels in the garage... which im contemplating sorting out and painting as im bored of the white now... might go a dark bronze almost black/brown but with a tinge/glitter to it... or might just go a dark tungsten...

also ...

d2a87672.jpg

;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i have centre caps and yeh im going back to poppups for a while, still got the sleeks... but im feeling some poppups for a while and think i might even try sleepy eyes lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
pop ups def look better but ive heard on fast runs they can get blown off which is the whole point of the sleaks. lol i did not know this.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
indeed they do... which is why you strengthen the mounts and keep them down on high speed runs or tape the gaps lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
motorway with lights ;) severn bridge is good for it :) lights down then or you do what feed do in japan put some extra lights in the bumper next to the side lights that take hid's