ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New head unit *pics*

Lee

BMW M2C

Figured it was about time I sorted one out that could play MP3s, and Ive been lost not having room for the autochanger under the seat in the Trophy.

Main criteria were it was dark, preferably black, I could make the buttons orange, it plays MP3s/WMA, didnt look like a set of xmas lights so fairly subtle and was cheap. Well I got most of those things anyway. :oops: Oh and being a sad b*****d I fell for the glide strip.

http://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/alpine1.jpgClick me
http://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/alpine2.jpgAnd click me if you like

Lee

BMW M2C

CDA-9853R. No adaptor but then Id not get to play with the glide strip if i had one.

I knew Id cave in too, Im sooooo weak.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 04 July 2005
cool.... does it allow you to manually play with the equaliser lee?

Not got a clue mate, Im sat here with a massive manual on my lap. Going to go and see if it powers up with the ignition off otherwise Ill have to whip it out and sort the power out.

Manual says I can manually do it apparently.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Exactly the same unit as I have installed in my 172 ! its a quality unit for sure.. I went for it for exactly the same reasons are yourself.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 04 July 2005
CDA-9853R. No adaptor but then Id not get to play with the glide strip if i had one.

I got the full adapters for display + stalk, but I still play with the glide strip ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 04 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 04 July 2005CDA-9853R. No adaptor but then Id not get to play with the glide strip if i had one.

I got the full adapters for display + stalk, but I still play with the glide strip ;)

Ooo tell me more. Ill get one ordered tomorrow? :D

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 04 July 2005

Figured it was about time I sorted one out that could play MP3s, and Ive been lost not having room for the autochanger under the seat in the Trophy.

Main criteria were it was dark, preferably black, I could make the buttons orange, it plays MP3s/WMA, didnt look like a set of xmas lights so fairly subtle and was cheap. Well I got most of those things anyway. :oops: Oh and being a sad b*****d I fell for the glide strip.

http://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/alpine1.jpgClick me
http://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/alpine2.jpgAnd click me if you like

Does the car feel faster now?

:p

Lee

BMW M2C

I couldnt put up with having to swap CDs Iain. Im used to flicking through 6. Im well impressed, but then I know nothing about ICE. All I wanted was a headunit that played MP3s and looked subtle. Pity cheap ones dont do that.

Sounds quality is much better.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yep the glide strip is a doddle to use, and yes you can buy the interface to retain the dash display and stalk controls.

I got both my HU and the adapters from www.caraudiodirect.co.uk

Basically when the unit powers up it says ALPINE in the bit where the standard HU would normally display the radio station, if you use the stalk controls it tells you in that screen what your doing (eg VOL+ VOL-).

*EDIT* Currently there are no interface adapters for the 2005 model clios but they are making them.

Lee

BMW M2C

The lad last night said they are working on a cable to allow it to use the existing display and stalk. Ill keep an eye out for that. I have a nasty habit of flicking channels/CDs a lot so miss my control.

Clart, the glide strip is a touch sensitive strip along the front instead of buttons.

106 GTi

Looks good Lee.

Still need to get my 9833 fitted in mine.

KDF, my car is March 05 so there are no interface leads yet then?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 05 July 2005

*EDIT* Currently there are no interface adapters for the 2005 model clios but they are making them.

So i have found, seriously annoying. I have a Dension hard disc MP3 player which worked with the standard OEM unit in my 172 with a Connects2 CD changer adaptor (the mp3 player uses a Sony CD changer interface).

Since getting the Trophy this doesnt work any more on the 2005 OEM head units, so i am resorting to buying a Sony head unit to allow me to plug it in directly :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

???

i dont understand why not, the conncetions are the same.

Lee see that link i put up, thats the cable you want.

Lee

BMW M2C

Im going to order that, it says it will work with that head unit and 2005 Clios. If I could find a number Id call them and double check.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 05 July 2005

???

i dont understand why not, the conncetions are the same.

Lee see that link i put up, thats the cable you want.
Yeah, its very odd. You can connect it fine, thats no the problem, but it must be a software / firmware thing somewhere. There are some minor differences in what is shown on the display and the way the unit functions over the one in the 172 so somethings changed on them internally.

Connects2 have said they are aware of the problem and there is an incompatibility with the 2005 models.

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 05 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Wan82 on 04 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 04 July 2005looks nice goes faily well with the dash
im going to have to start saving for my http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=3917next hu

fooking hell check the price of that thing.

And you HAVE to have an amp for the speakers!

I dont let a little thing like that bother me:D

Renaultsport Clio 182

Lee,

you know you have bought this one........will it also connect to my standard Reno 182 6 cd changer? As I still have that under my passenger seat. They are Alpine, if I give you the changer number can you check the manual?

Also how much was the beauty?

Lee

BMW M2C

Nothing connects to the Renault autochanger except for the original head unit unfortunately. You wont need that anyway, youll just stick everything on a few CDs as MP3s.

Check http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/Link Good price on there at the moment. Better than I paid what with me being impatient.

If you are around my way Neil give me a shout if you want a nose at it.

Renaultsport Clio 182

Okay doke, shame about the autochanger, not really a market for them........£300 pound down the drain I feel.

I may see you at Chris House Warming, infact I will as I want to have a look at your new wheels. Im on a trackday at Rockingham in a 330i coupe in the afternoon but should be there for about 7ish.