ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its a bit of a joke to be honest, existing customers were supposed to be given priority and it seems its far better to be a new customer. I could order one right now and go and casually pick it up tomorrow, instead I've got to go first thing and 'try' and get one if there are any left.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Go into iTunes and connect your iPhone, hold Shift (for PC) or Option (for Mac) as you click check for update.
Then just select the file and off you go.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
so just to confirm if i bought via CPW it would be exactly same as buying via O2?

cant be doing with no CPW bollox, prefer to deal direct with O2!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah exactly the same as buying from o2. All contracts are directly from o2 now, none of that CPW s**t.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok 2.0 wont install its taking ages, i restored it back to 1.14 and its still wont do it... stupidly i forgot to backup before i did it and last backup was a few weeks ago... lost some numbers and s**t lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Cheers man...Want as little to do with CPW if poss so thats good!!

Ordered 16gb for delivery tomorrow on £35/m contract! :cool:

Yeah exactly the same as buying from o2. All contracts are directly from o2 now, none of that CPW s**t.

ok just ordered mine from carphone warehouse to collect from the store, should be able to pick it up 2moro after work. shouldnt matter that i ordered it after 5 should it?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok just ordered mine from carphone warehouse to collect from the store, should be able to pick it up 2moro after work. shouldnt matter that i ordered it after 5 should it?

dont think u will get it tbh all the cpwh's i spoke to they have got all their stock on preorder... couple even had more reserved than they had to sell... o2 is the only place you will be able to walk in and get one tomorrow...

dont think u will get it tbh all the cpwh's i spoke to they have got all their stock on preorder... couple even had more reserved than they had to sell... o2 is the only place you will be able to walk in and get one tomorrow...

Frick Frick Frick! Oh well, il give them a ring in the morning and see what they say!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Bugger. Might ring em now for realistic chance of it arriving.

Not bothered it it doesnt come tomorrow as long as its not ages! I'd have thought CPW online would be different to the branches though!

SLK 350
After all the talk.......

I'm not going tomorrow. Gunna stick with my RAZR.

Woooooooooo. I'm not a geek afterall, see sn00p.

I just realised - I love my RAZR.. Haha.

*RUNS and HIDES*

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah v2.0 can be downloaded here for anyone who does not want to wait for the auto update via iTunes

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

FOR F*CKS SAKE!

I just updated my phone with this, and now realised it's fking wiped the whole thing...all my texts, numbers, photos (gutted) the fking lot!

So hacked off with that, guessing there's no way of magically reverting back to my previous settings so I'm fked!

LOL! Think before you update noob!

SLK 350
Ehm, I figured it was just the OE update file which would install over the top. Turned out it wasn't and I wiped the damn thing :(

Pain in the arse though, had so mny freaking photo's on there!

Speaking of which how the mince do you take an image of your iphone, or back it up entirely?

Oh and btw FU

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
After all the talk.......

I'm not going tomorrow. Gunna stick with my RAZR.

Woooooooooo. I'm not a geek afterall, see sn00p.

I just realised - I love my RAZR.. Haha.

*RUNS and HIDES*

Bugger, O2 managed to get their restraining order through the courts then. :(

Tough luck dazzie.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah v2.0 can be downloaded here for anyone who does not want to wait for the auto update via iTunes

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

FOR F*CKS SAKE!

I just updated my phone with this, and now realised it's fking wiped the whole thing...all my texts, numbers, photos (gutted) the fking lot!

So hacked off with that, guessing there's no way of magically reverting back to my previous settings so I'm fked!

Did you not sync the iPhone with iTunes recently? If so you would normally get the option to restore a backup when the update was complete.

182-racing-blue

Just finished a night shift. Off to O2 to queue up while a work colleague who is also getting one goes to the Golden Arches to get breakfast.
There was no way I was queuing on my own especially if there was no one around lol. and more so if there were geeks in the queue who wanted to talk to me.

Decided not to go white, gonna get the 16gb piano black and pay £59 on my next bill.

Happy days!!!!!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
I was going to get one as fed up with the painful slow internet connection on the current Iphone. BUt as that is jailbroken and I am able to keep my old tariff of 1000 min/1000 text and 75MB data for £20 upgrade would cost me loads.

If anyone is getting the newer one, and use their phone a lot, get the £45 tariff as you get £99 knocked of either phone price and can drop it down to teh £35 tariff after 9 months. So you end up saving £9 over the cheaper tariff and get more calls and texts.

Looks like they learnt from the old way of buying and won't be allowing you to register through itunes out of store due to the amount of unlocking and jailbreaking going on.

SLK 350
well I'm stood outside a store in London, got here 20 minutes ago and there's probably 20 people in front of me...damn g33ks!

Wish this PhoneSaber app was louder cause I'd Jedi them all! ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
shop or post man?

my order with carphone *****house is still showing as 'order received' not even at the 'order processed' stage yet!

CPW are ghay, said on their site, delivery today if ordered before 5pm, then when you try and track it AFTER you have ordered it it says no guaranteed delivery as loads of orders!

Not in any great rush, but I am tempted to nip to O2 for 9am and then cancel CPW order before it gets processed. Hmmmmmm! what to do....purely as there is no kind of idea when it may come!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
sweet man! :D So there is defo no CPW bollox with the phone from them? It's just direct O2?

Tried ringing CPW, been on hold 20 mins...might just nip down to O2 and cancel this fuker later! I'm not impatient, honest!

your as bad as the rest of them, admit it lol

cpw near me doesnt open til 9.30 so think il just ring them at 10 and see if they have my phone ready to pick up

106 GTi
I was going to wander down on my lunch and see if they have any left, can't be arsed will wait a few weeks.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
there are about 10-15 fanboys outside CPW here, O2 store is closed for a refit, I couldn't be arsed queuing, I might pop down later, but i think White is the one to go for anyway.