ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

Thing is I doubt many will sell if everyone is doing the same thing trying to sell them?

Mine will go to recycling.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Just had a look at prices for recycling my 4. £190 seems to be the best so far. Think I might get rid now and roll with my good old Nokia for a few months.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

I'll be using Vodafone buy back if I decide to go for the new handset. £190 they are paying for iPhone 4's at the moment.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Turns out my phone is classed as 'non-working' (power button issue). That's that plan down the shitter then.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't even class it as journalism. They are a parody of themselves.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I hope they do relocate the headphone jack from the top to bottom. Hate it.

RS6 C7

I'm not too keen on the Aluminium backing on the picture Gally posted. I prefer to go without a case but will be happy to have one if it looks like that!

SQ5
The Nokia one got smaller and smaller every other year FFS and it didn't need to.

Apple will only be changing because they have to.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The dock is old, doesn't support usb3 and crucially takes up a HUGE amount of space. It's not some evil plan to make money. It's evolution.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Its annoying the s**t out of me how much the media and putting into this dock thing. Its not even an issue FFS.

If the phone is staying roughly the same size then why change the size of the port, fair enough if they wanted to go for a ultra slim or small design but they won't.

SQ5
As I said above Apple have to change it due to euro laws or something about charger ports all being proper USB

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As I said above Apple have to change it due to euro laws or something about charger ports all being proper USB

Unlikely. It might have the ability to charge via micro USB. But the port will be proprietary.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Lols! I really cannot understand the problem! Jesus H, you would think they killed someone! Things change! You can't use PS2 pads with a PS3 FFS! They used to change charger shapes all the time!
It is a pain, I dock mine into a Bose thing every night, that gig cost £300, as long as there is an adapter that will do the trick ill be happy.

Even the equipment at the gym has iPad docks built into them, you'll have to carry the adapter around with you so you can use it places like that.

It is evolution, but still a pain in the ass!

Why are people so f**king thick?!

But some iPhone owners questioned whether even an adapter would help.

"With a smaller connector, what am I going to do with my loudspeaker at home and the fitness pack that I use when I go to the gym? That's the question," said 24-year old Travis Tam, who owns an iPhone 4.

"I feel that the premium gap between the next iPhone 5 and newest Android models is getting much smaller these days.

"That will mean that details such as having a smaller connector will mean more in whether I will continue to use an iPhone and switch to other Android phones."

1) He doesn't HAVE to upgrade. His iPhone 4 works with his docks and accessories. Keep it.

2) How is changing to Android, where NONE of his products will work, with any adapter, a better idea?

Listerine & Poledo

Why are people so f**king thick?!

1) He doesn't HAVE to upgrade. His iPhone 4 works with his docks and accessories. Keep it.

2) How is changing to Android, where NONE of his products will work, with any adapter, a better idea?

1) Eventually that iPhone will pack up on him... then what?
2) Not going to help him at all, granted.

What about all the cars with proprietory iThing connectors though? Also, what about iPods? Will the classic disappear altogether or just replace the traditional conncetor with the new one?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Travis is a plank! I hope the retards buy Android I really do! It actually makes me angry!

Everything will get the new port eventually.

There will be adapters. But there will be new docks/systems etc.

Things change. Things get made better. That's just how it is.

Evo 5 RS

Everything will get the new port eventually.

There will be adapters. But there will be new docks/systems etc.

Things change. Things get made better. That's just how it is.

Exactly. Interfaces change ALL the time, but with it being such a house hold item it's affecting more people and they're noticing it. But try explaining to Joe Blogs or TRAVIS about USB 3.0. He won't give a flying fcuk, yet when everything seems that much faster he'll nod and smile and appreciate it. Like a gormless dog in a happy home...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

They should start vetting owners.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I'd settle for the drop in sales and profit just so they didn't attract retards!

If I hear one more time that the brand new Samsung is better than the iPhone4 i'll go on a killing spree!

No one gives a s**t! Do you realise how long the 4 has been out for and it's still one of the best on the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.