ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

The thing is with an article like that, it requires absolutely no fact and nothing can be disproven.

They've taken the pictures from 9to5Mac and ApplePro but neither of which are linked to in the story. Only the images are credited.

Of course Apple are going to be making them a few months in advance, they'll need millions for the launch. That doesn't happen in a weekend. It's all guesswork and that story will be rehashed another half a dozen times before October, which will then be sent around and they'll gain the ad views.

Clio 172 cup

New design of the 5 looks a tad boring. Although keeping the phone as close to the size of a 4s but slightly bigger screen would get my vote

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Surely they wouldn't make the new phone pretty much the same as the 4(s)?

Have a look at the iPhone 3, then the 3g, oh and then the 3gs..

I love apple, but they are so predictable yet people still get in a fuss over what the next one will look like.

Id be very surprised if they changed the casing in a big way, its a business therefore using a case that has already had £££'s spent developing and putting a couple of extra features on makes sense for them.

According to a guy from terminals it's going to be thinner and bigger than the 4s. Similar in design to the S3.

He said he had seen an outer casing, from where he works he probably has but wether what he was telling us is true or not that's different. I'm not sure as he had to sign a NDA....

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

This is an old design but its the most probably to the final design.

578806_205971886198007_1439183802_n.gif

Have a look at the iPhone 3, then the 3g, oh and then the 3gs..

I love apple, but they are so predictable yet people still get in a fuss over what the next one will look like.

Id be very surprised if they changed the casing in a big way, its a business therefore using a case that has already had £££'s spent developing and putting a couple of extra features on makes sense for them.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Imo it will look like this...

article-2152568-1360EF9C000005DC-186_634x445.jpg

It doesn't look all faked and hashed up like most and looks like an Apple design unlike the one above which looks like some Samsung r****d!

I wish the Apple section was locked sometimes...

That there deserves 10 lashes!!! No wonder people get pissed off in this section!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah the above is the final design. The materials might change, but thats it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Is the middle part at the back coloured off White or aluminum?

I'll get a White one this time around, got the iPad in White and it's much nicer as is the missus phone in comparison to my Black one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I like mine naked and i'm not a r****d so can be trusted not to sit it on a bed of carpet tacks.

I'll fire 2 protectors on it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
What's everyone doing with their old iPhone?

eBay or some phone recycle place?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I'd rather avoid Ebay but we'll see. I'll probably keep it until i've picked up the new one.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Me too, it's just a lot of money to be sat in the draw.

Last time I used the £170 I got for my 3G to pay for the upfront cost of the 4 (£140 iirc). Worked out really well...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I'm not sure how an aluminium back case would work with either white or black. We'll just have to wait and see Apple are yet to release an ugly product yet. I'm sure we're safe/

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The black one will be Black stained aluminum will it not? Ohhh Black one might actually be nicer this time! :eek:

Mine will got to a recycling place TBH.

It's got a bit of a mark on the corner so I can't compete with the 'mint' sales that there will be thousands of on here and eBay.

Recycle it. Zero hassle. Then I can keep my chargers/docks (That probably won't work with the new one anyway)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Agreed, easy to compare the best prices these days aswell. No hassle. Get new one, recycle old one.

The 4 is still doing over £200 recycled. Not too bad.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I'll recycle mine also, it is a replacement phone from Apple and has odd marks in the glass which don't always show and therefore couldn't be sold as MINT.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

This needs to hurry up my htc needs to go to the recycle bin.

Ged

PD130 Peach

Looks not so bad if that is a close to final design.. I will just be keeping my phone as a spare in the house... Never know when you need a phone...

Could have a winge about the change of dock... and i will... More £££ needed for new docking station and guess that makes any iphone/ipod connection in a car pretty useless...

Oh well... change is always needed

Last edited:

Could have a winge about the change of dock... and i will... More £££ needed for new docking station and guess that makes any iphone/ipod connection in a car pretty useless...

There will be an adapter. If that comes with the new iPhone or it's sold separately, it'll still be cheaper than buying all new docks.

Although whenever there's a re-design the new phone doesn't fit the proper docks anyway.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

They've changed the dock once already, but everyone forgets.

Nobody remembers the "nothing charges my iphone" situation we had a few years ago when they switched the charging pins.
I still have a charging adaptor on my car stereo and know loads of people with adaptors on their old bose docks.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Mine will got to a recycling place TBH.

It's got a bit of a mark on the corner so I can't compete with the 'mint' sales that there will be thousands of on here and eBay.

Recycle it. Zero hassle. Then I can keep my chargers/docks (That probably won't work with the new one anyway)

This the reduced hassle factor with enviophone or similar is a big plus.

Ged

PD130 Peach

There will be an adapter. If that comes with the new iPhone or it's sold separately, it'll still be cheaper than buying all new docks.

Although whenever there's a re-design the new phone doesn't fit the proper docks anyway.

Yes, i agree. There will be an adapter... still makes things that things a bit bigger and messyer, but meh its cool...

But my 3g - 4 iphone... Was fine with docks, Philips docking station works perfect with both, and even my tomtom car kit, with the application of a little rubber square that came with the kit has worked perfectly as-well.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

£295 for an iPhone 4S on envirophone at the minute.

Not too bad.

Once you print off the guaranteed price slip to send with the phone i think its guaranteed for about a month. So I'm going to apply in towards the end of September to send the phone in at that price before they announce the 5 and the 4s price drops £50.

Once you print off the guaranteed price slip to send with the phone i think its guaranteed for about a month. So I'm going to apply in towards the end of September to send the phone in at that price before they announce the 5 and the 4s price drops £50.

Surely you would get 350-400 on here for it?
My 4s is mint at the moment, as it was replaced a few weeks ago.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

On CS! Behave! Someone will offer £50 via PM!

£295 for an iPhone 4S on envirophone at the minute.

Not too bad.

Surely you would get 350-400 on here for it?
My 4s is mint at the moment, as it was replaced a few weeks ago.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?651949-White-iPhone-4s-16gd-locked-to-Orange

That's the latest one sold on here. So £25 quid down. But no PayPal fees. No postage costs (although he was wanting extra for it). No hassle. Keep the charger/cable/headphones etc.

But that price is going to come down and down the nearer the new one gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.