ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, you know nothing.

ok, soz. I dont know anything about the handset, not even you with your genius badge knows that. But what i do know about new tariffs and our pre order process i cant divuldge, i know the months we are prepping for registrations to go through, but nothing concrete apart from our new tariffs, if i could, id screen shot you the excel spreadsheet with them on. NDA C4 has been signed.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
ok, soz. I dont know anything about the handset, not even you with your genius badge knows that. But what i do know about new tariffs and our pre order process i cant divuldge, i know the months we are prepping for registrations to go through, but nothing concrete apart from our new tariffs, if i could, id screen shot you the excel spreadsheet with them on. NDA C4 has been signed.

I cringe when I have to deal with a genie-arse, I know so much more than them - you just have to go through the motions.

I also had an argument with one last year about a cable, he refused to believe it existed, in fact he failed to believe that the machine in question even had the port in question. Once I managed to convince him to go check, he came back with the cable I was after.

About 80%, Around 93%? Hmm.

a9baad9d.jpg

Tbh I doubt I will stick with Vodafone this time as they made it impossible for me to cancel my agreement mid fixed term when I had genuine cause under their terms of business to be entitled to do so.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
http://news.sky.com/story/967525/new-iphone-5-rumours-launch-date-is-set

"The wait may nearly be over for Apple fans wanting the new iPhone, after rumours that the launch date has been set for September 12.
The new device, tentatively referred to as the iPhone 5, will then go on sale on September 21, according to information from "sources" at Apple.
The September 12 launch event is also expected to be used to announce the iPad mini, the new iPod nano and the final build of iOS 6, Apple's mobile operating system.
A series of photos on various tech sites, including iLab.cc, purport to show a fully assembled iPhone 5 body, made from components that have found their way into repair shops.
The photos match up with a lot of the rumours that have already been circulating about the new phone.
It appears to have a smaller dock connector - meaning the headphone jack can be relocated to the bottom of the device, a bigger screen, a centred FaceTime camera and a metallic rather than ceramic backing plate.

Apple fansite iLounge said the new iPhone would be longer and thinner than the iPhone 4 and 4S, measuring around 125mm by 58.5mm by 7.4mm.This represents a 10mm increase in height, a nearly 2mm reduction in thickness and almost identical width.
According to iLounge, all this translates to an increase in screen size from 90mm (3.5") to 102mm (4") on the diagonal."

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL.

"oh oh i have some news for Cliosport, i wont bother reading the thread because there's no way anyone will know anything before sky news"

Wrong. Read the bloody thread.

Lolz at the angry morons. Tbh the less cretins that buy them as a result of a higher price would be better for the rest of us IMO. Either way they should STFU and wait until the official prices are released before throwing their pikey toys out of the pram.

Listerine & Poledo
if iPhone came out at £60 per month and £300 up front, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Make the phones as heavily marked-up as the rest of the Apple range and they wont be carried by every chavvy benefit-hunter

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Why is he wearing mini condoms on his fingers though

Mini? :s

Ill be going with an iPhone next I think. My desire HD is starting to play up now and I'm due an upgrade this month sometime, so I'll hold out and see what deals are on the new iPhone when it comes out

R26r R26
Am I right in thinking the new IPhone will have a smaller sim than the 4/4s. I wanted to buy the phone direct from Apple, use my sim from my 4s until my contract runs out and then sort out a better deal/service provider.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Possibly. If it is smaller its unlikely to be punchable like existing sims.

O2 (so GiffGafff which I am on) has one of the worst 3G speeds I have had on a mobile. Sadly three have much faster 3G singnal at both my home and work so might have to join the dark side. Still, £15 a month for all you can eat data not too bad on a rolling contract.

Know a lot of people who are now leaving O2 who have been with them for years as there service seems to be getting worse.

R26r R26
Ive read on 9to5 Mac etc that it will have a nano sim ? I'm currently with Vodafone and service wise not really had a problem. It's just the fact my local store manager proper mugged me off on the day of the 4s release,but might be cutting of my nose etc by going elsewhere.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Some eye candy. This is pretty much what the final design will look like I'm guessing. These have been out a while but didn't see them posted.

The white doesn't look good at all. i don't think I like the back at all. Might get my first black one...

original.gif

original3.gif

original2.gif

ScreenShot2012-08-08at140933.gif

original1.gif

original4.gif

original5.gif

original6.gif

original8.gif

Looks good. I always thought previous models looked cheap in white but on this one I think it doesn't look bad at all, possibly better than black.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!! The Black is actually cooler! :(

They look nice. Black is very classy looking, might just go Black again.

Status
Not open for further replies.