ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new ktr stealth exhaust smells??

Ph 1 172
as title reads basically just had a ktr stealth fitted looks a sounds the dogs nuts by the way (and its actually hidden lol) but there is like a plastic burning smell coming from it is this normal?? its a strange smell ....i have checked the bumper and its definatly not that before anyone ask!! any idea what it could be??

BMW E92/Audi S3
You feeding it crayons?

Check underneath that something hasn't melted ONTO the exhaust. I had a bag stuck to my old cars exhaust, absolutely stank..

I think i read the material that is used to deaden some of the sound inside the exhaust box is packed in plastic bags. and burns off when first used.

Thats probably the smell.

Ph 1 172
ahh right cool!!!! positive there is nothing on the underneath of the car... i the smell defintaly seems like its coming from nside the exhaust not on it.... must be what it is then mate the sound deadening stuff in the back box thanks alot....hope it dont get too quiet though!! glad a got the supersports version

clio cup 172
i had a recessed 1 of them and that smelt like burning plastic for about 2 weeks. it goes after a while but can still smell it after long motorway journeys after 2 months