ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New maxogen setup 182

Some pics of my new air filter setup.

Got rid of the 90deg bend and viper and replaced with a 45deg bend and an ITG maxogen filter. I moved it as my old setup pointed straight at the back of the radiator (warm air). I have got some heat shield material aswell which I am going to use to isolate the filter a bit more from rad and engine.

It is now, surprisingly, quieter then with the viper and feels smoother. I think I will get it RR'd with my viper then the maxogen setup to see if there is a difference next time I am at GDI.

Attachments

• bay6a.jpg
    bay6a.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 77
  • bay7a.jpg
    bay7a.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 176
  • bay8a.jpg
    bay8a.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 307
  • bay9a.jpg
    bay9a.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 139
  No more clio's for me!
Very smart!!

Stupid Q, but is that the best location for it, is the air obstructed by the headlight? :eek:

dannyboy172 said:
Very smart!!

Stupid Q, but is that the best location for it, is the air obstructed by the headlight? :eek:

It is quite tight isnt it. I have removed all of the old feeds and valve from the arch so there is space underneath it. If you think about an enclosed maxogen (in the carbon tube thingy) that breaths through quite a small opening.

Just about to buy ....
I get all my stuff from merlin motorsport the ITG filters are very good bits of kit aswell.

What size is the throttle body on the 182s and is it the same as the 172??

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looks very nice mate...i wonder if you could get rid a quad convertion on that left light..remove one light from it so you have a good air feed...

Evo Tommi Mak
loving it mate me thinks i mite go to work 2moz and try and relocate my battery lol. anything to get a better time this weekend at POD!!

smithy20vt said:
I get all my stuff from merlin motorsport the ITG filters are very good bits of kit aswell.

What size is the throttle body on the 182s and is it the same as the 172??

Yes they are the same, 70mm. My car has a ph1 172 cable throttle body on it.

16vClio said:
Whats with the piece cable thats coming over the the bend?

I think its wiring for throttle position feedback to the ECU

182WRC said:
Liking that a lot.

Do you have the OE cold air feed under it still feeding it?

No I have removed all OE feeds and the valve thing in the arch. There is a route for colder air through vents in the arch liner.

Uncleiven said:
looks awsume matey....
did u do the battery relocation.

No GDI did it. Not a bad option vs spending £300+ on a maxogen kit, probably has cost a similar amount for relocation and bits. If you relocated the battery yourself it would be a much cheaper option. Worth thinking about if you dont mind having your battery in the boot.

hkka said:
It looks good, and does it works well too??

BTW, how you secure the induct tube??

When I get the mapping checked, AFR. I will be able to see if the amount of air coming in has increased. Also the OMEX monitors air inlet temp which I will also be able to compare against my old setup. I will post up some results when I get it done. GDI also does the mapping on the car.

The filter is wedged in but the whole setup is light. There is nothing supporting it but it does not sag due to weight and stiffness with the alu tubing and short silicone tube lengths.

Just so I dont take all the credit this is the same config as on Andy GDIs demo car. Although he uses a Jetex filter and a Jenvey singly throttle body.

Clio v6
mah3xl.gif

Looks like the jenvey single throttle body 70mm i/d, with SFS air pipe and JR air filter on GDI's car.

I may be wrong as the jenvey website is a bit tricky.