ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Megane & Clio Turbo!

Ive heard talk from my mate who works for Renault & now seen on www.evo.com , renault will be releasing a new shape megane 2 litre turbo with 200 bhp+ with TVR setup suspension. Lots more info on it at http://www.evo.comwww.evo.com. Now Ive been told that Renault are going to realease a new shape clio with the 2 litre turbo lump in it, anyone got any info or heard anything about it??

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes its been mentioned on here before, personally If a turbo clio does come out I will be putting my deposit down for it.. as long as it doesnt look anything remotly like the new megane.

Oh and its TWR hehe.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The new Megane is actually growing on me now...

A turbod Clio is gonna be a winner though!!! (y)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 20 August 2003

A turbo-d clio, as in the new shape clio in 2004/5 or on the current model?
as in the replacement model out in the next year or so...

NA is superior thou. More responsive, more fun but more expensive to build and tune! Nicer engine note etc... This is my personal opinion. Soon only supercars will have high output NA engine:(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Right let me clear this up

The new Clio isnt due until at least 2005.

The Latest shape clio will not get the turbo lump next year. the megane will.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Isnt the "new clio" going to be a nissan micra, I read that in a car magazine this month, renault are going to use the micra as the new platform for the new clio.

Adrian

i would rather see the new clio being NA power rather than turbo-charge, as imo only 4wd or rwd would benefit most from a turbo engine, a 200bhp na engine would be great, and suspension tunning by Lotus would also fair alot better than TWR i think.

They vere talking about 2.0 turbo powered engine with aprox. 220-240HP, and possibility of 4x4....

thats all i know

Has anyone done a search on theat Megan registration and see what it turns up as?

Why did they put the stupid paintowrk on it. Noone would look twice if it was normal coloured.

As the new Clio is due out in 2005 how come no-one has seen it yet they must be making the panels for it for test versions. Ok so they could be testing the engines and stuff in the new Micras without people noticing on the roads as its the same floor plan they share but somone must have an idea what it will look like.

The clio ccould be fitted with a 2 liter turbo engine from the Laguna and so I guess thats what they will do for cost. Developing a more powerful N/A engine would be to expensive and they would have to rev it to CTR revs which has disadvantages.

Why dont they drop a 2.2 Laguna diesel engine under the bonnet of the new Clio and remap it to 180hp making it just as fast top end as the present clio that would be excellent with all that torque.

EDD

320d M Sport

i did a search on it and it couldnt find the reg!

am i the only one who thinks that looks ACE? (except the inside -thats cheapo sh*te)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 20 August 2003

Why did they put the stupid paintowrk on it. Noone would look twice if it was normal coloured.

its designed to fool cameras

As the new Clio is due out in 2005 how come no-one has seen it yet they must be making the panels for it for test versions. Ok so they could be testing the engines and stuff in the new Micras without people noticing on the roads as its the same floor plan they share but somone must have an idea what it will look like.

nope

The clio ccould be fitted with a 2 liter turbo engine from the Laguna and so I guess thats what they will do for cost. Developing a more powerful N/A engine would be to expensive and they would have to rev it to CTR revs which has disadvantages.

looking that way

Why dont they drop a 2.2 Laguna diesel engine under the bonnet of the new Clio and remap it to 180hp making it just as fast top end as the present clio that would be excellent with all that torque.

the front end would be far to heavy

EDD