ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member 172 Cup

172 Cup
Hi All,

Just bought a 53-plate 172 Cup on Saturday and thought I'd say hi.

Seems like quite a nice little car, managed to find one with one lady owner with 50k on the clock.

Seems much better than the last car I got (MGF) which broke down multiple times and has had ££££'s thrown at it.

I have two concerns with the Clio though, the first is that the horn doesn't work, I'm hoping this is just a case of pulling the steering column apart and re-attaching a wire (I've already checked the fuse). The other is that the cam belt hasn't been done. Please could people point me in the direction of a decent garage (in or around Chelmsford, Essex) to get this done (along with a full service) and a rough price to expect for this work? I'm aware of Ren-o-tec as I have family that have used them but would like to know if there are more around. Also wondering if anyone knows a good wheel refurb guy in the area.

I'm also hoping to make a couple of slight mods, the first being an induction kit (I know it does nothing for performance but sounds so good), I presuming a normal K&N 57i would do the job (hope so as I can then use the one of the MG).

Having been a member of many other car forums, I can only hope to find a lot of useful information on here to keep the little rocket happy for many years.

Also hoping the previous owner would be about on here, the plate ends RFE and from what I can tell from the docs it used to live in Manchester so if anyone knows of the car please could you share your knowledge.

kind regards,
Soph.