ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member - In The Market for Another Toy

'70 Chevy Nova
Morning all

I've signed up as I'm in the market for a 172/182.

A mate of mine suggested a trip through Europe to The 'Ring and neither my current daily or weekend toy are something I'd like to do the trip in so here I am.

As I understand it, these cars are supposed to be great fun and I've always liked the look of them so now I have a perfect excuse to add one to the household fleet.

My preference is a Phase 2 172 Cup but I'm generally not too fussed.

I need something that I can buy and throw a couple of mods at for less than £2k so appreciate I'll be looking at higher mileage cars but that's not really a concern for me if it's been looked after.

I'm sure I can find all the info I need by digging around here but any suggestions that spring to mind now are welcome.

For anyone interested I've attached some pics of my current and previous money pits!

'07 Focus ST500 MR290
1457893076204.jpg

'72 Chevy Nova
IMG_20140426_132532.jpg

'69 Chevy Chevelle SS
IMG-20160215-WA0001.jpg

'02 X-Type 2.5 (Daily)
20161011_180229.jpg

'90 Series 2 RS Turbo
20160626_143910.jpg

'03 E46 M3
$_57.JPG

'01 S Type 3.0 (Daily - Current)
20161005_180228.jpg

'70 Chevy Nova (Current)
20160829_160504.jpg

Including Mrs cars that are worth mentioning:

'11 MiTo Cloverleaf
IMAG0593.jpg

'08 Audi TTS (Current)
20161015_102928.jpg

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging around for a foreseeable future :up:

Swift Sport
Welcome aboard!

Your taste in American cars makes up for everything else lol.
As for Clio's... They're pretty good if they've been looked after. Make sure the cam belt and dephaser aren't well overdue as that's the most expensive serviceable item!

'70 Chevy Nova
Welcome aboard!

Your taste in American cars makes up for everything else lol.
As for Clio's... They're pretty good if they've been looked after. Make sure the cam belt and dephaser aren't well overdue as that's the most expensive serviceable item!

Lol, the M3 and RST were between the Chevelle and my current Nova. I had a bit of a nightmare selling the Chevelle so moved away from that scene for a while until a holiday to California last year gave me the bug again.

Cheers for the pointers.

Swift Sport
Lol, the M3 and RST were between the Chevelle and my current Nova. I had a bit of a nightmare selling the Chevelle so moved away from that scene for a while until a holiday to California last year gave me the bug again.

Cheers for the pointers.
I'd love either '57 Chevy or a '68 Charger, but I don't have the balls or the money to buy either!

'70 Chevy Nova
I'd love either '57 Chevy or a '68 Charger, but I don't have the balls or the money to buy either!
Yeah even 4 door tri-fives are commanding good money now and even rust bucket Chargers will set you back a nice wedge.
Lol, why do you need balls to get either?

Swift Sport
Yeah even 4 door tri-fives are commanding good money now and even rust bucket Chargers will set you back a nice wedge.
Lol, why do you need balls to get either?
I'm just a tight b*****d lol. I'd love something like your Chevy though... I grew up watching Dukes of Hazard, Smokey & the Bandit and the Fall Guy so anything Americana is cool as hell IMO!

'70 Chevy Nova
I'm just a tight b*****d lol. I'd love something like your Chevy though... I grew up watching Dukes of Hazard, Smokey & the Bandit and the Fall Guy so anything Americana is cool as hell IMO!
Haha fair enough. Yep, they might be terrible cars by most standards but there's nothing quite like driving and old Yank.