ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of a V6.

PH1 V6
Anyhow, this happened.

fullsizeoutput_26a.jpg
fullsizeoutput_26b.jpg

fullsizeoutput_26c.jpg

fullsizeoutput_26d.jpg

fullsizeoutput_26e.jpg

PH1 V6
It is yes.. The graphite is a vinyl and was done by Blueprint in Notts, they had it for almost 2 weeks and have a good rep for quality work.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Have to admit, I thought the previous trophy spoiler and random stickers looked pretty bad but that full livery looks awesome! Properly suits it.

PH1 V6
Have to admit, I thought the previous trophy spoiler and random stickers looked pretty bad but that full livery looks awesome! Properly suits it.

Actually agree with you on that.

Was never 100% on the spoiler and when the mounting points broke I wasn't overly disappointed....the decals were fine at first but the more I looked at them, the more they seemed a bit half arsed.

Thought that if you're going to do it, go in both feet first :)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Love that, great effort. Is it done for a trip somewhere or just because you fancied it?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye

Was never 100% on the spoiler and when the mounting points broke I wasn't overly disappointed....the decals were fine at first but the more I looked at them, the more they seemed a bit half arsed.

It did look a bit 'Old man went crazy in Halfords' before but now it looks purposeful and damn mean!

A nice number plate would finish it off in my opinion. Or at least a smaller plate on the front.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This retirement lark is going down well....

View attachment 1372119

And they say......

"Oh, I could never retire, me. I'd be bored"

"I'd miss working too much"

"That would mean spending more time with the missus"

"There are only so many golf courses you can go to"

I look at pics like that above and question just how deluded some people actually get. I would rather take a clapped-out Focus to Morrisons for shopping, rather than be in work. The fact that you can do the above is just epic and not be one of those people with ample money, that seemingly appear hell-bent on working until they are pushing up daisies.

What a waste of a retirement.

PH1 V6
Love that, great effort. Is it done for a trip somewhere or just because you fancied it?

Simply because I fancied it and have no intentions of it being removed.

Had an idea I'd be happy with the look of it but, it's gone way past my expectations on it.

Appreciate it might not be to everyones taste, it isn't everyones car though :)

PH1 V6
It did look a bit 'Old man went crazy in Halfords' before but now it looks purposeful and damn mean!

A nice number plate would finish it off in my opinion. Or at least a smaller plate on the front.

Anything prior was sort of nibbling at the edges, ended up thinking if you're going to do it, do it properly.....so, did it properly :)

VRN has been thought about, ended up deciding to keep the original.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
That's just epic!

Needs some hardcore seats now to finish the look :)

It came out really nice, you can see where the Catalunya Trophy influences are in the design but the way you have subtly changed some of the lines work well. Any particular reason you went with the Absinthe sponsor? I wouldn’t be surprised if the designers had been at the stuff when they first dreamt up the concept haha. ?

Or at least a smaller plate on the front.
Unfortunately there isn’t much point fitting a smaller front plate on the v6 as unlike on the 172/182 the bodywork behind it exactly follows the shape of the full size ones.

PH1 V6
It came out really nice, you can see where the Catalunya Trophy influences are in the design but the way you have subtly changed some of the lines work well. Any particular reason you went with the Absinthe sponsor? I wouldn’t be surprised if the designers had been at the stuff when they first dreamt up the concept haha. ?

The decals were thought about for around 5 or 6 weeks.

The idea was to have a few that stood out balanced by a few more subtle coloured ones. Fonts and colours were also looked at.

Thought the idea of a French drinks company as the main decal would suit a French car, the Pernod logo was chosen as the font and colours suited, also the crest would give it some depth. The Absinthe logo was on some of the ones found on google, liked it so had it.

All ideas were ran by the guy who details the car as he has a great eye for design and layout plus, he's good on Photoshop so we played about with sizes and spacings.

One of the main driving forces was to get it right first time as the amount it all cost wasn't the smallest.

He applied them all over 2 days, I made the coffees :)

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Looks awesome mate :)

Is the spoiler for sale by the way?

PH1 V6
Have a mate who owns a detailing supplies company and he asked if he could have the car on his stand at the Waxstock show last weekend.

He'll also have it at this weekends Fitted show in Manchester so, if anyone from here is going, pop by and say hello.

fullsizeoutput_2a1.jpeg
37634811_10211650817057211_2680889556479246336_o.jpg
37661448_10211650817777229_8267533430271508480_o.jpg

PH1 V6
It will soon have a Trophy spoiler back on.

I wasn't going to bother but then found out I could get a proper mounting base for one!

The base and the spoiler are currently being fitted to each other, then they'll be bonded together. It'll then go off to Blueprint to be wrapped and will eventually make its way on to the car.