ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(New) S2 16V Rallye

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Little update;

Rear discs and pads done.

Power steering pump shagged (new one came with the car)

Alternator screw balled

Money pit.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Mark from French sport tuning has had the car today. He's done a full oil and coolant change and sorted the wiring for the fan so it now comes on when needed and is not on a manual override! Just need to collect the power steering pump and source an alternator and that should be all the mechanicals sorted.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
First time with a DA today and worked on the bonnet.

Its obviously difficult to show on pictures but here's one anyway;

B0A6109C-3F98-45BB-A342-7663D8875169-1219-0000006F33E03134_zps576740ec.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had some major wheel wobble issues on the 106 since I bought it. I first thought it may be a wheel balancing issue but £20 later and the wheel wobble was still there. At 1400 yesterday I ordered some spigot rings from wheel base and eBay and they arrived today! Fitted them this evening and the wheel wobble has disappeared - result!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Never seen the benefit. Wheels on and off all the time.

Think Jim put the wheels on the wrong way round, with only 1 wheel nut. He just won't admit it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The new alternator and power steering pump have been fitted.

I went out for a spin in it today and absolutely loved it, really raw and felt quick.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Looks quick! Are these really rev hungry engines or do they have reasonable low down torque? Seems like you can get one to 150+ BHP by only spending ~£1200!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's pretty torquey - seems a lot more progressive through the revs than the clio as you don't get the 5k kick as such.

Mine has a c2 box with the final drive from a s1 Rallye in so makes it very rev happy in 5th! Good for performance - not so good for economical long runs....

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
It lived in glouster when I sold it, and it was on ebay a few weeks ago, was probably mine you saw...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just hated the way it drove, felt cheap and nasty, and dunno it just felt like it was made out of foil.

I think mine was cursed as is seemed to attact 7 tonne tucks. Ive never sold a car so quickly.

Just not for me, horses for corses and all that

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll second that - my cup feels like a Bentley after driving the Rallye but (at the moment) I'd take it over the cup all day long.