ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New SM Intakes via group buy.

182T
To save clogging up the actual for sale/group buy thread currently active, I've created this one for updates from people when they receive, fit, map theirs etc or questions.

Mine is currently in transit and I should be arranging mapping today with dan@ sjm, fitting in 10 days time, then mapping in 2 weeks (if space available).

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
i await word back from my local mapper on what he thinks of the inlet. If its positive i will be buying and doing a back to back test of my standard car, inlet fitted and finally inlet mapped

BG Clio 182
I've already been in contact with RS TUNING and should be getting mine fitted and my Map tweaked to suit sometime in may. Can't get over atm too busy with fecking work!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've already been in contact with RS TUNING and should be getting mine fitted and my Map tweaked to suit sometime in may. Can't get over atm too busy with fecking work!

Interested to see what Paul gets from it, I like his ocd when it comes to mapping.

BG Clio 182
What does it make now?
I have a graph of my car with a ktec induction kit, Scorpion cat back with janspeed ktec sports cat and a map from RS Tuning a few months ago so will get a direct comparison to what difference this will make!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
this is before, smooooth like gravy,
But you can see past 5500rpm it's starting to struggle for breath
IMG_0793.jpg

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
faef2cef1560d2cd16dd19aa3eb7fc42.jpg

Mine with the mods mentioned in post a couple above. I'm hoping for about 193 upwards

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
It'll be interesting to see what filter setups people go for and which cams are best for use with the intake. From reading an old thread on the RS2 the 197 cams seemed to be quite popular to use with it.

182T
I'm fitting. I've spoken to Chris at EFi, I have to send my ECU to him to have the RSTuner map removed (which was a waste of time to begin with really, did nothing except ruin my already fine idle - contrary to popular folklore). I have an Autosolo in Farnborough on May 8th so the next day I'll be stripping, fitting then up to Dan a week later. Currently looking at which cone to get. Better get a list of jobs together and start a project thread.

182T
Yeah, I've toyed with the idea of going up north for it but its a bit of a mission and I've also come to see that a lot of race/car tuning/modifying etc. is experimental, you've got to take risks here and there, try new things out. Hopefully this will give Dan the opportunity to have a play, take some time and also assure people that it can be done down south.

I'm also interested in whether the changes made to the kit - 'we made a new design with an enlarged plenum (%30) 15mm longer and 3mm wider runners a new design middle flange' have a noticable effect.

Reactions: Gus

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah i'm excited to see results. One of the main issues is having to go up north, so hopefully Dan can work his magic. Definitely something i'd consider in the future.

dan's cast offs.
Yeah, I've toyed with the idea of going up north for it but its a bit of a mission and I've also come to see that a lot of race/car tuning/modifying etc. is experimental, you've got to take risks here and there, try new things out. Hopefully this will give Dan the opportunity to have a play, take some time and also assure people that it can be done down south.

I'm also interested in whether the changes made to the kit - 'we made a new design with an enlarged plenum (%30) 15mm longer and 3mm wider runners a new design middle flange' have a noticable effect.

he had one for a while and basically slated it, it's the one i'm running on my phase 1. think he said it was on par with matched inlets?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Will that include a before and after rolling road printout?

172 Turbo
Dan does road mapping so doesn't give a number.

Surprised how good they look with the RS printed on them. Good luck with the mapping

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
A quick question, even with a very early RSTuner does the ECU get locked? This isn't something I taken into consideration when I bought the Intake, I'd kind of assumed that I could just get it mapped. I take it I'd need to get the ECU unlocked before someone else will be able to map it?

My intake is currently sitting at the Post Office, I'll try and pick it up over the weekend.

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
yup, you can get it cleared and standard map back on.
So if I put the standard map back on via the RSTuner it will still be locked? I assume only specific people will have the ability to unlock it or will any mapper be able to unlock it?

dan's cast offs.
So if I put the standard map back on via the RSTuner it will still be locked? I assume only specific people will have the ability to unlock it or will any mapper be able to unlock it?

still be locked, chris at efi can sort the ecu for you.

182T

Just sent mine to Chris today. Post it off to him, include details and return address. £60 I think.