ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New sony head unit and poor tuner reception ?

CLIO 172 2003
Hi all,

Jst put a brand spanking full ipod control head unit in my 2003 172 and the tuner reception has gone to pot ?

i can only get 1 station which is my local station, all others are so fuzzy i cant listen to them.

The standard renault head unit was fine with reception.

Is this a common problem or something, anyone have an idea what would be causing it ?

Thanks and help, i cant listen to ten 17 no more lol.

nick

CLIO 172 2003
yeah its plugged in, but its not a standard fit, sony supply an adaptor from the standard clio fitment.

ican pick up local station clear as a bell.

Is it the male connector they supply that you push the Clio plastic connector over? Make sure it hasn't fell off when pushing the radio back in to the surround.

If you pull the radio out completely, and plug the aerial in when the head unit is not in place, is it any better?

CLIO 172 2003
i tried that im 99.9% certain its all plugged in correctly, i will try pulling the unit out and turning it on while i can see the ariel is plugged in and its not coming out once being pushed back..

bloody irriatiating !

CLIO 172 2003
nope all original, i did a search and alot of people are having the same issues, must be the good old renault for you, remind me now why i have my 325ci convertible up for sale lol.

seems like corossion or something with the roof ariel could be a cause according to the search function, but it means removing the headlining, anyone know how to do that ?
any guides ?

Clio 172 Cup
If it's only changed since swapping the HU's over then am going to say it's not that.

Try your old HU back in and take it from there. It's not a US spec HU the Sony is it?

check the earial connector from the car going to the stereo,they become brittle and the 1 strand of cable stuck down to contact to send the signal breaks off,you need to open the end up to check it,or another way to would be take out the stereo,wiggle the aerial,if reception comes and goes you know its that at fault