ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Steed - 997 Turbo

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
out of interest you ever heard of Parr Racing? I used to drive by there everyday. Mentioned it to my boss and he had a full system fitted on his C4S there. Very helpful bunch. Based in Crawley Surrey

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Epic. I'll still give you sh*t for buying a slushbox 997 (twice), but then I'm not the one going home in it. Unbelievably low mileage too; I think even Ali would call it low mileage.

Great buy dude. :approve:

Turbos.
Cheers mate.Bee-jeseus, i'm going to lose my license though! Makes the Carrera S seem like a Micra, you just eye a gap and it will get there, with ease, and with absolutely no fuss. Has been very secure in today's rain too, as you'd expect. Going to turn off the TC on the way home and see what its really like!

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Very nice, particularly like the interior (I've clearly been kidding myself that the 996 isn't that bad...).

You should get some winter tyres on it if it snows, I did that with our station car last winter and had the neighbours baffled as to how anything other than a Landie could get up the hill, the effect would be even better with a Porsche!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
theres loads of grip with the TC off but as my mate found out once it goes ,it goes...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I love that, very nice mate.

Out of curiosity, did you consider anything else along the lines of a 997? (It would be my preference over most if not all the competition also)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The tyres on the front are the same as mine.225/35/19

Thats where the comparisons end though...lol

Turbos.
LOL.

I love that, very nice mate.

Out of curiosity, did you consider anything else along the lines of a 997? (It would be my preference over most if not all the competition also)

The obvious competitor is the Nissan GTR, after all, its cheaper and quicker. However, i have been turned off by its image; i keep seeing them in vinyl wraps driven by wide-boys. Its a shame to stop liking a car because of image, but there you go. They are also a bit cheap inside and the ride isn't that great.

The 911 is a known quantity, there is no worry about things going wrong or whether its covered under warranty. Maybe i'm guilty of paying too much attention to the internet paranoia, but it seemed with the GTR that running costs are a bit of an unknown, and generally expensive.

You could also argue a F430 or Gallardo would be an alternative, but i'm not really interested in dealing with the histrionics of a car like that. Me buying a 'weekend car' like that equals driving like a loon and ending up in jail. If i'm in the mood for quick and unreliable, i can get in one of my old man's race cars ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just couldn't ever own the GTR over the Turbo, even the gen 1. The badge, I just feel it's a far superior car.

And again I just can't get by how "exhausty" the GTR sounds. The Turbo brings sound from the bowels of the car. The car is maiing the noise not just the nice exhaust system.

Still you can't go quicker for your money than a GTR, doesn't mean it's a better car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd take the GT-R, but that's just me. A GT3/RS on the other hand would tempt me away from Godzilla.

Mk5 golf gti
The GTR is epic but I would rather be in the Porsche every day.

So useable and so fast

Nomnom

MK2 Punto
At the end of the day it doesn't matter which one is faster... it always come back to this question.

In a traffic jam, which one would you rather be sat in?

The answer is easy......

The 911 ;)

Mk2 172
LOL.

The obvious competitor is the Nissan GTR, after all, its cheaper and quicker. However, i have been turned off by its image; i keep seeing them in vinyl wraps driven by wide-boys. Its a shame to stop liking a car because of image, but there you go. They are also a bit cheap inside and the ride isn't that great.

The 911 is a known quantity, there is no worry about things going wrong or whether its covered under warranty. Maybe i'm guilty of paying too much attention to the internet paranoia, but it seemed with the GTR that running costs are a bit of an unknown, and generally expensive.

You could also argue a F430 or Gallardo would be an alternative, but i'm not really interested in dealing with the histrionics of a car like that. Me buying a 'weekend car' like that equals driving like a loon and ending up in jail. If i'm in the mood for quick and unreliable, i can get in one of my old man's race cars ;)

Simple fact of the matter dude is A GTR is no 911 turbo!! I dont care what anyone says!!! The 911 is a far superior, better built and far, far better looking car!!! A friend of mine has just sold his that had a stage 1 DMS map on it and it was epically fast! The GTR is also significantly more expensive to own and the servicing costs and intervals are just ridiculous. As for the gearbox, id never own a turbo with a manual, everyone says oh yeh but auto is boring..... however, ask the question.... how many people on here have actually driven a 997 turbo!!! Practically none of them in which case i dont think their really able to make comment. Fabulous car mate and hope u enjoy every min of it!! :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I love this video.You can skip the advert after a few seconds...

Last edited by a moderator: