ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to the clio world and need a little advice.

clio 172 cup
So i bought a clio cup 172 today and noticed one of the rear discs is rusted and only worn in the centre of the disc despite some heavy braking on my way home, now I've read about these cars having a weak rear brakes but surely this is not normal that about half the disc isn't making contact...

P.s hi I'm kirk by the way :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I wouldnt worry, these cars hardly use the rear disks, and to change it you need to do wheel bearing as well, and then you need to do both sides really, so you are looking at wrong side of 200 quid including a bit of labour and genuine parts.

clio 172 cup
I wouldnt worry, these cars hardly use the rear disks, and to change it you need to do wheel bearing as well, and then you need to do both sides really, so you are looking at wrong side of 200 quid including a bit of labour and genuine parts.

Would it not be an m.o.t fail tho?

clio 172 cup
Yep non working rear brakes are part of the "upgrade" package for a cup which included:
losing the aircon
rubbish headlights
horrible seats
no rear brakes

Lol

It's a weight saving then lol and on the plus side i guess i won't ever have to replace the rear brakes then :D