ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the forums and to Renaultsports.

Hi, I'm new here, however it seems the car I've just purchased may not be as it has a Cliosport.net sticker in the back window....?

Anyway I'm Ade, just made the swap from a Golf GTi Turbo:

29517_418479803898_501043898_5187516_7378282_n.jpg

...to a Renaultsport Clio 182 Full Fat.

Clio1.jpg

Clio2.jpg

It's currently slightly modified with:

Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust System
Green Panel Filter
Laser Line Thatcham 1 Alarm
I-Pod Connectivity.

There was also a rear strut brace thrown in but I have been too busy out enjoying the car to fit it just yet! :race:

Future mods, I'm contemplating a decat and thats about it. Possibly might put a front strut on also... to be honest I'm happy with the suspension as it currently is, feels nice and tight, and not too hard on the ol' backside however theres barely any body roll either.

Cheers. :eek:

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome to the forum mate!

Don't bother with strut braces, the rear one doesn't do anything as the area they bolt to is either the flismy thin bodywork on the inside of the rear arches, or to the rubber suspensions tops - both poinltess and will offer no benefit, and the front one won't so anything else it bolts to the top mounts, so super caver tip is don't waste your money :)

Welcome to the forum mate!

Don't bother with strut braces, the rear one doesn't do anything as the area they bolt to is either the flismy thin bodywork on the inside of the rear arches, or to the rubber suspensions tops - both poinltess and will offer no benefit, and the front one won't so anything else it bolts to the top mounts, so super caver tip is don't waste your money :)

We couldn't get the strut fitted anyway as the whole O/S/R shock decided it wanted to turn. As I've said in a few posts so far though, I'm very impressed with the stock cup suspension so far and have no plans to mess with it.

Welcome

Nice cars and I see that you like the color grey ^^

The Golf was Reflex Silver... lol had a kind of blue tint to it, sort of like a pearlescent colour. Really was nice!

Welcome. And the 182 will walk over the GTI any day, my dad always try's to keep up in his lol

I discovered this the first time I floored the accelerator in the Clio. And then I took it around a few corners!! No competition!

Renault clio 182
For inexpensive but really smart upgrades get in touch with CSmember Austin-182 who produces excellant interior mods in alcantara.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
The Golf was Reflex Silver... lol had a kind of blue tint to it, sort of like a pearlescent colour. Really was nice!

I saw that but sorry English is not my native and mother langage, I dont speak very well and I didn't know how to say that (I know now ^^), thus "grey" was for me the most close color - LOL -

For your "Reflex Silver" in French we say "Gris métallisé" ou "Argent" for informations :)