ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Viper Cold Air Feed

Chocolate Bar™
unfortunately its on a 1.2 :rasp:

samco elbow coming off, going to a section of stainless steel, and then a silicone reducer which clips into the original renault cold air feed location. which is the hole in the wall to the right.

0388.gif

0386.gif

Chocolate Bar™
not the best pic in the world, but it fits perfectly into the recess.

you'd have been proud of me at powerflow this afternoon. also seems to have made the car a tad more responsive, when compared to the torn thing i had before :approve:

V6
looks gd did u spray enige cover ur self or bodyshop looks sweet mite do mine now, u inspired me wat paint u use?

Chocolate Bar™
its actually a bodged repair job. was candy red, but then it didnt look right, so threw some green-orange flip over the top. so its three different colours :)

V6
Middo said:
its actually a bodged repair job. was candy red, but then it didnt look right, so threw some green-orange flip over the top. so its three different colours :)
wicked did u use any specail type of paint wud that cover get hot? as im thinking that if not ill just use sum normal spray cans

Chocolate Bar™
its just normal cellulose spray cans. cover is plastic, and doesnt get hot at all :)

Chocolate Bar™
doesnt sound too shabby :D

just grabbed some better pics for anyone whose interested in doing similar.

0392.gif

this one shows the other piece that goes into the recesss. 3'' or 76mm i think piece is required to fit nice and snug.

0391.gif

and this just shows the entire feed.

0390.gif

Chocolate Bar™
cheers :) really pleased with how its worked out, considering most of it was based on guesswork lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
good show laddy.

bay needs a bit of a clean though...i used some degreasant and a pressure washer to do mine. came up like new mate. loving the Samco, i'm biased though. ;)

Chocolate Bar™
darent use a pressure washer as i'd probably knacker all the exposed electrics :(

am looking into giving it a good clean by hand, but one of those things i can never be bothered to do lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
dead easy mate.

get loads of zip ties and plastic wallets. bag anything electrical up and unplug any sensors (tdc, map etc) and bag them too. SOAK the lump in degresant and blast it off with a constant low pressure jet...

cleans all the nooks and crannies that you simply can't get to with a cloth. ahhh factory fresh. ;)

result... :) you know it makes sense sir.

8237747f.jpg

2b40a38f.jpg

Chris

Chocolate Bar™
looks stunning, but im still scared lmao

shall have a go with hand, and see how it goes. "uncle Has" says pressure washing is a no no - especially with my luck :dapprove:

carbon copy said:
dead easy mate.

get loads of zip ties and plastic wallets. bag anything electrical up and unplug any sensors (tdc, map etc) and bag them too. SOAK the lump in degresant and blast it off with a constant low pressure jet...

cleans all the nooks and crannies that you simply can't get to with a cloth. ahhh factory fresh. ;)

result... :) you know it makes sense sir.

8237747f.jpg

2b40a38f.jpg

Chris

that look the bizz m8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:cool:

Chocolate Bar™
carbon copy said:
:) must be better for FCS.

sorry for the hijack Middo, you going FCS fella?

Chris

no probs matey :) yeah i am, will try and give the engine bay a good clean before hand (not that anyone will be looking at my tiny engine ;))

OLI

205 gti-6
lookin good mate! :)
any increase in performance with the viper? how does it sound, cos i'm gonna get one wen i get my new car, hopefully a mk2 ph1 1.4 16v si :D

Chocolate Bar™
i defo think theres an increase, gives the exhaust a really nice sporty sound, and if you listen carefully u can hear it give a nice suck on acceleration :) am gonna try get some bhp readings etc on monday will tell you definatly then!

would definatly advice getting one, even though a lot of people wouldnt

OLI

205 gti-6
yeh, they are pricey to say the least but they look brill and build quality is spot on.
i'm only gettin one if its cheap through my bro's friend's friend :) who works @ piperX i think.

Chocolate Bar™
agree that they are pricey for what they are, but the prices are falling, so if the deal falls through with u're bros friend, 2modified.com can do them for 200quid delivered (i think) :)

Chocolate Bar™
carbon copy said:
gotta try and have the most powerful 1.2 on here son!

you have Fred an Bryan to beat iirc...

how fast were they on the quarter mile? going to do a few attempts with has using his engine diagnostics software - might help if i could drive :D

Chocolate Bar™
lmao yeah it was a joke how long it took for one elbow to arrive, think it was worth the wait though :)

looks sweet mate, what else you done to try and increase performance then mate, need a few pointers lol, love ya car

Chocolate Bar™
only got a viper, sports cat, and stealth cat back exhaust.

considering a remap tho to increase my fuelling at higher rpm's - but its such a waste of money lmao

lol, yeah it is but at the end of the day isnt everything, lol, could you tell me what a sports cat is and stealth car back, what diference is that to cat back anyway, cheers, im kinder new to the exhuast ideas but am wanting one myself

Chocolate Bar™
a sports cat is a sorta hybrid between a de-cat and a normal in the sense that its just like a conventional cat, but has a less restrictive inner webbing, so more gas is allowed to flow through, whilst still acting as a catalyst and being legal. makes it more resonsive and maintains torque throughout the range. no error lights have appeared on the dash and should still pass an emissions test no probs.

a stealth system is an exact copy of the original renault exhaust, but made with larger bore pipework to enable better flow of gas. tailpipe is still tucked behind the bumper - but has all the gains and noise of a conventional cat-back exhaust

ah i see, tahnks for the explaination middo, any idea where i can get a stealth system, and sports cat, are they hard to find, and what are the price ranges??

thanks

Chocolate Bar™
its hard to find someone who will do u a sports cat on a 1.2. I had mine done at powerflow but he said he would be reluctant to do another one as it was such hard work. its around 280 for the stealth system and roughly 250 for the sports cat. if your interested in one and are based in the midlands let me know and i'll give u the number of the powerflow dealer that did mine. In my opinon his work is top notch :)

i c, cheers anyway, na im based in essex, its abit far from me, did you just go around asking if they did it??

Chocolate Bar™
not really he had fitted my last exhaust. If you do ask around you might find a company locally who will do you one. try powerflow as they did mine :)

OLI

205 gti-6
does a sport cat sound any different to normal? ...also, whereabouts in midlands are u based?

Chocolate Bar™
imo it makes the exhaust sound a lot more raspy and poppy, giving it a nicer sound. I'm based in stoke on trent :)