ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheel for Cup - opinions please

SPAM! ban him! ;)

Shame Renault decided to use a mountain bike wheel really. Seriously though, which do you think looks the better out of the two?

Ps. I mean ban Davo

Cheers biojo, but Ive pretty mauch narrowed it down to the Tuner pictured above. I like the slender yet muscular and very simple lines. My dad had a Momo Corse in his Williams, which is a very similar design as the Tuner, and it felt amazing to use. So its really a case of choosing the colour.

Also, does anyone know the diameter of the stock rim? I have a choice of 320mm or 350mm, and Im thinking 320 might be too small? I dont have anything at hand to measure mine with, Id say its about 370-380mm?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 13 September 2005
SPAM! ban him! ;)

Shame Renault decided to use a mountain bike wheel really. Seriously though, which do you think looks the better out of the two?

Ps. I mean ban Davo

Sorry Roy, but after an airbag SAVES your LIFE you go around thinking that people who remove them for road use without using harnesses to make sure you cant pulverise your head on that steering wheel are just plain idiots, jus because the standard wheel seems a little large.

99% of 182 drivers get on with it so it cant be that bad, just think it is stupid to remove the bags without adding more safety measures.

this is just my opinion, but i happen to believe it is a pretty good one and speaking from experience!

I prefer the silver one. Airbags are for gays and fat Americans. Throw the standard wheel on a bus depot scrap pile where it belongs.

Dave I agree with you up to a point, but Ive already made the choice to change the steering wheel. It was only really the colours that I was asking opinions on, although I appreciate everyone has the right to respond in any way they see fit.

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 13 September 2005
Both look crap.

In what way mate? I kinda think those two are most purposeful looking aftermarket wheels Ive seen, although Im open to other suggestions.

I would like to keep the airbag and the cruise control, but theres no getting away from the simple fact that its tooooo big. It has the biggest steering wheel of any car Ive driven in the last 5 years. Also apparently the wheel in the Cup is slightly smaller than the 182...

dk

911 GTS Cab

I would like to keep the airbag and the cruise control, but theres no getting away from the simple fact that its tooooo big. It has the biggest steering wheel of any car Ive driven in the last 5 years. Also apparently the wheel in the Cup is slightly smaller than the 182...
dont think so, its the same wheel without the leather covering and controls on

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 September 2005

I prefer the silver one. Airbags are for gays and fat Americans. Throw the standard wheel on a bus depot scrap pile where it belongs.
i agree if you have harnesses like you have that it is acceptable but not without them.

Good thing we hadnt been driving cars for decades before the event of airbags, particularly ones without stiffer safer passenger compartments and energy absorbing cumble zones. ;)

Airbags arent a garantee of an improvement in passenger safety and in some cases they cause more injurys than the driver/passenger would have sustained had they not been there.

MKIII 138

what the fuk are you lot on about ????

the reno airbags dont go off anyway :p

[Edited by meggerman on 13 September 2005 at 3:23pm]

btw is there a weight saving to be had. ohh and the 172cup i have now seems to have a smaller wheel than the 172 i dayt before ??

Tesla MP3 2021

personally neither....the only momo wheel i liked and thats why i baught it is the NET but if had to pick then the.....the silver one.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 13 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 13 September 2005I would like to keep the airbag and the cruise control, but theres no getting away from the simple fact that its tooooo big. It has the biggest steering wheel of any car Ive driven in the last 5 years. Also apparently the wheel in the Cup is slightly smaller than the 182...[/QUOTE]dont think so, its the same wheel without the leather covering and controls on

Shocking mate. Truly shocking. I thought you would know your stuff about the RS Clios. The 182Cup wheel is leather covered and and it has the identical controls for cruise and speed limiter. All its missing are the rubber grips and the silver trim.

Anyway, this was meant to a thread about the choice between each colour, and it seems silver is the most popular so far, so cheers for the input guys.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 September 2005
Good thing we hadnt been driving cars for decades before the event of airbags, particularly ones without stiffer safer passenger compartments and energy absorbing cumble zones. ;)Airbags arent a garantee of an improvement in passenger safety and in some cases they cause more injurys than the driver/passenger would have sustained had they not been there.

I agree Loony. Who says we HAVE to all sit behind airbags? I would like a nicer wheel in my Cup, thats all really. Ironic that a mod has managed to unwittingly turn the topic into an argument that hell probably end up locking :D

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 September 2005Good thing we hadnt been driving cars for decades before the event of airbags, particularly ones without stiffer safer passenger compartments and energy absorbing cumble zones. ;)Airbags arent a garantee of an improvement in passenger safety and in some cases they cause more injurys than the driver/passenger would have sustained had they not been there.

I agree Loony. Who says we HAVE to all sit behind airbags? I would like a nicer wheel in my Cup, thats all really. Ironic that a mod has managed to unwittingly turn the topic into an argument that hell probably end up locking :D

LOL, thats right, forget I am a real person with an opinion and not just a mod robot, I am speaking from experience thats all and after one saved my life i see it as making a fast safe car not so safe which at the speeds people drive them is crazy IMO, Loony can say what he wants as he has harnesses so an airbag wouldnt affect him anyway, you on the other hand would really miss an airbag in an accident.

Im not starting an argument, just trying to make you see sense that safety should come before a slightly smaller wheel for cosmetic reasons thats all.

Carry on.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Are you getting a dished one Roy?

Ive always thought the rake of the wheel made the top too far away when Im setup for the pedals just right (at 6ft).

Ive been thinking of something with 80mm, should get it nice and close then.