ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Recieved my 172 wheels from p4ers today, had to do it all with the awful renault jack, but it got the job done, and i am still in one piece.

Only thing is discovered my drivers side rear brake cylinder is leaking so gotta have that sorted :( (more money)

Anyways, pics... C+C Welcome.

Before...

P210409_1402.jpg

P210409_140201.jpg

After....

P210409_1505.jpg

P210409_150501.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
5 Million thousand times better.

Would look the same amount better with a slight drop.

Also, is there a ghost in your garage?;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Drives a lot better on 16's too it seems!

No ghost, but she does haunt me like one! Drop is planned in a month! (also had only jus come off jack in the pic and hadnt sat in it, so its sitting a bit higher

330i. E30 Touring.
Also, get that sticker out of your back window!

5 mins work, and will look much nicer!

330i. E30 Touring.
Hair dryer?

Razor blade?

White spirit?

Watch the metal lines from the heated screen with the blade, though!

Lupo GTI
"that sticker" is f************king invincible!!!! I have tried everything, believe me, my CS sticker is begging to go on, but not until that thing comes off!

Smash the window :eek:

On a more serious note, car looks miles better one those wheels!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I had 17 inch wolfrace katanas on a punto sporting I had!

definatley an improvement though mate, as said get it lowered and it will look even better!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah sportlines are coming soon (i hope).

White spirit seems to have no effect, (its an 11 year old sticker) i didnt think of hair dryer, and i havent used a blade for that exact reason (not wanting to damage the heated screen lines)

I had 17 inch wolfrace katanas on a punto sporting I had!

definatley an improvement though mate, as said get it lowered and it will look even better!

They have served me well, but they were a "I'm 17 and want the biggest wheels possible" thing, despite being glad to have rid, i'll miss them!

Italian 3.2 V6
Wahay!! U got them and I c you have been very keen to get them on LOL! As said looks sooo much better! All u gota get now is Sport lines to give it a nice drop and better handling..! LOL

b/g 182, meg tourer
lots better, just needs a little bit of a drop.
as said, heat up the sticker with a hairdryer, pick it with a stanley blade, then wipe the glue off with white spirit and a cloth.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
lots better, just needs a little bit of a drop.
as said, heat up the sticker with a hairdryer, pick it with a stanley blade, then wipe the glue off with white spirit and a cloth.

I'll give it a go at the weekend, already wasted enough time when i'm supposed to be doing uni work putting them on.. :rasp:

b/g 182, meg tourer
it will be a 5min job mate. trust me. with the right tools for the jobv its easy. i removed a rear window sticker from my mates g-reg bmw that had been on since the car was made. he was picking at the sticker for weeks! i came along with a hairdryer and it made very easy work of it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL at the chav comments! Too much need for speed on PS2 and being 17 FTL it seems!

At least the centre caps on the old ones matched the colour of the car!!

3 Series touring
haha, im 17 too, they were just not to my taste, but i think you'll agree theres a few too many chavvies round here eh!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Another one local! Good stuff! Biggest difference being when i was 17 i hadnt really been on forums etc and just went along with what i thought was "cool"!

Cheers for the comments! Glad it meets CS approval :p

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
didnt know there was too many round here? im in orpingtonnn:D

Theres 2 more lads in sidcup that i met last week, and i'm pretty sure theres someone else in orpington! (cant remember who but i remember talking to him ages ago)

Theres probably a fair few more around here but more of the meets near us tend to be southend based etc so dont really get to know people this side of the bridge!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
100,000,000,000 (ten hundred million) times better mate. like the ph2 rear end, went for the 172 bumper myself tho.

182 FF
thank god for that in the first pic i thoght you had taken the 172 rims off for them chavy ones. Looks loads better pal.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
100,000,000,000 (ten hundred million) times better mate. like the ph2 rear end, went for the 172 bumper myself tho.

Wanted a 172 bumper but got this so cheap i couldnt turn it down. Whole ph2 rear didnt cost me anything so can always change the bumper in the future.

Gave it a good clean (inside and out), destickered all the crappy dealer stickers, put on my CS sticker on and CS tax disc holder today, pics in 10 mins...