ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

Honda. Tesla Someday
Entrepreneur / Gadget God / Writer / Photographer / Lyrical Poet

is that right, add to that patronising fanboy and you'll be about right.

maybe you should read what i put, being able to play a game in 5 years has everything to do with everyone, we are renting the games, installing them on the drive, and then relying on MS and the publisher allowing us to play it, especially with this 'cloud' based gaming, nothing to do with trading anything in. If i want to pick up GTAIV and play it offline now, or in 3 years i can, but i can't be guaranteed that fact with the new games.

What is a publisher goes under and stops running their servers to enable you to play a game, there goes you ever being able to play it again, online or in insole player mode because of the integration they are talking about. We don't own games (not that we ever had in the past either, just like we don't own software, we have a license to run it) but also don't know what the future of playing that game even in single player mode is any more.

​Awww you looked at my Twitter!! Follow me? You might learn something!!

Titanium 182
For someone not interested in buying the console you sure have a lot to say in this thread.
I have a broad interest in gaming in general - it's fascinating watching the whole situation unfold!

If you'd asked me two years ago, I'd be giving Microsoft a blank cheque for their new console. It's amazing how much of an own goal their PR department have made here. It reminds me of Sony during the first three years of the PS3. They both had mega success with the PS2/Xbox 360 and they've become very complacent. Third console syndrome!

Evo 5 RS
The PS3s downfall was its architecture. As was the PS2s emotion engine. It has little relevance to what we are seeing now. Both consoles using x86 architecture is a huge blessing. It used to take 3 to 4 years to make games on the PS2. Now development time is going to be far shorter and we will see far less sloppy porting.

Also Live now has a massive community. PS4 might be the more complacent and faster hardware this time, but PSN needs to pull something big out of the hat in order to claw back the gamers theyve lost over the past 4 years or so.

Depending on whats unveiled in the next few weeks, its all pretty much still even ground. Even if the Xbox might be having some teething problems.

If PSN has had a substantial overhaul there is no reason to pick the slower Xbox unless it has a rocking excusive lineup, but honestly I think if Sony had anything up their sleeve they would of used it awhile ago lol.

Last edited:
As for that article, some of the points are blatant scaremongering:

- You don't own the games you buy, only the license to play them

You've never 'owned' a game. Just like music you never owe the material, that belongs to the authors/publishers. You are licensed to play it, always have been.

I still have my first console under the TV in the games room, Atari 7800, still works like a charm 26 years later, as does every single one of my original games. Will I be able to play any XBone games in 26 years? Highly highly unlikely. The licences may not have changed that much, but the circumstances have.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Seriously looking forward to E3, its a bummer about all this DRM stuff though...

I've commented a fair amount in this thread, and people are obviously passionate about everything they are saying. Its all fair enough.

It will be interesting to see what Microsoft and Sony come up with at E3. It will also be interesting to see if Sony have adopted a similar approach to DRM on the XB1. My bet is that they have, seeing as publishers would want that. The likelihood that this issue only exists on the XB1 and not the PS4 is very low. Still, stranger things have happened.

I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Shock horror Microsoft are trying to control everything! They are even doing their best to start cocking up the sale of second user Business computers and laptops by forcing suppliers into the MAR scheme.

dk

911 GTS Cab
DK one of the biggest Apple "fanboys" commenting on Xbox fanboys? FLOL.
really? i rarely comment on the apple section, i own some apple but i wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, I've been a sony fanboy in the past, but that was around cameras and tvs, never really consoles, I've always just owned both from launch, play on both equally tbh, I'm not a massive online gamer though, as I've said before, i don't play enough to be good enough to actually contribute when i play online.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
I still have my first console under the TV in the games room, Atari 7800, still works like a charm 26 years later, as does every single one of my original games. Will I be able to play any XBone games in 26 years? Highly highly unlikely. The licences may not have changed that much, but the circumstances have.

Indeed, but thats mainly due to the fact your atari 7800 has no moving parts.

BMW E46 330i Touring
So what's this online check-in thing about then? The previously linked article can't be serious when it says you have to go online every 24 hours or you can't play your games!?!

I can go for weeks without turning a console on but still expect to be able to play a game at a later date...

SQ5
Rumour has it Microsoft are making a code entry part so if you do not have Internet you can get around it. This is mainly for military purposes though.

clio 16v
Microsoft is one of the world leaders in terms of privacy.

You're whole argument is based on rumours. Yes, Kinect will be 'always on', but thats a feature of the console. The whole point being that when game developers make a game, they KNOW that everyone has the same hardware With Kinect. It makes game developement easier when the developer knows exactly what hardware every consumer is running.

I think you need to stop being so paranoid. If it bothers you that much, face Kinect towards a wall if you must LOL

Oh and, your network provider for your mobile phone can track you 24/7. Hell they can listen in on your calls. Using an Oyster card in London lets the government see exactly where you've been. We have the most cameras in the city of London than anywhere else in the world. I guess you better get that tin foil hat out and get off the grid fast!!!!

I think you need to take off your blinkers mate. If you think microsoft values your privacy I suggest you seek help. You should also probably read up on recent press reports with regards to microsoft being one of a number of tech companies giving open access to the NSA. Perhaps you feel entirely comfortable giving microsoft video and voice recording capability within your living room but the potential for abuse is far too great IMO.

I'll be jumping ship to the PS4 on release. Unless of course I find out Sony have followed a similar bulls**t philosophy with the "eye".....

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah E3 is pretty exciting these days. A few years ago it looked dead so it's good it has risen from the ashes.

What One exclusive is everyone most excited about hearing more about? Titanfall I think is the one for me - giant fighting robots. YES!!!

Evo 5 RS
Yeah Titanfall looks pretty good. It's on PC too, I'd like to think they're keeping exclusives this way lol ;)

I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs now, a lot. That and GTA V, although Rockstar never reveal at E3.

Oh, and Witcher 3.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FIFA 14, Watchdogs, Battlefield 4 and hopefully see something on GTA V but as said, highly unlikey.

Also more info on the consoles themselves.

Evo 5 RS
Speak of the devil,

This has leaked before E3.

Found one that works

[video=vimeo;67988814]http://vimeo.com/67988814[/video]

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
I don't know too much about Watch Dogs but sounds interesting.

Also looking forward to some more info on Dragon Age 3.

And I would LOVE to see a next gen version of X Com: Enemy Unknown with more upgrades and personalisation of your team - the last one was awesome.

Destiny also sounds amazing, but not an exclusive obviously.

Things like BF4 I will probably buy but a bit bored of the current FPS franchises at the moment.

clio 16v
Some interesting points here regarding privacy.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/8/4407600/xbox-one-microsoft-policy-answers-raise-more-questions

Also E3 coverage starts at 5pm. 5:30 for Microsoft.

I really think Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot with this especially if the rumours regarding using kinect to target advertising is true. I mean kinect listening to conversations in your living room and then using the data to target advertising? Seriously, how can this not constitute an invasion of privacy?

I appreciate we are monitored on a vast scale in our daily lives. However if I choose to I can avoid such monitoring to a certain extent. I can choose to leave my mobile at home. I can choose to use cash instead of plastic etc etc. However Microsoft appear to have removed my option to choose anything in this instance by specifying that kinect is mandatory in order to play games.

Coupled with this they also appear to have deserted core gamers by basically turning their new console into a one stop shop glorified media centre.

I've been a massive Xbox fan since the first console even possible verging on fanboi status, however in this instance thanks but no thanks..........

AK

M240i
Can anyone post the E3 schedule? In work and most sites are blocked.. Looking for Forza 5, FIFA & Battlefield times.

clio 16v
Tin foil hat it maybe, but factually correct. I love the blind trust people place in large multi-national tech corporations. Just because it's governments instigating it doesn't make it legal. Spoonie can sigh all he wants - I'll put this down to him being a member of the nothing to hide nothing to fear brigade.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-why
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article40836.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/president-obama-tries-to-calm-fears-over-prism-programme--that-mines-private-data-from-google-apple-youtube-and-facebook-8648744.html

Last edited:
  clio 16v
Factually lol.

Do you spend a lot of time on godlikeproductions forum by any chance

The answer to that would be no. Please explain how something is a conspiracy theory when it has been proven to occur? So you're denying that the NSA are guilty of anything they've been accused of the press recently?

Evo 5 RS
Proven by whom exactly?

Was this you? lol.

ffOqkI4.jpg

Last edited: