ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie, deposit placed on Clio Cup : )

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Hi all, new to the forum and have just placed a deposit on Jacks Clio 172 Cup in the for sale section. Nice to meet you Jack and looking forward to Tues evening ; )

Well, I've been away from Renault ownership for some 18 years and only recently decided to make a return. The Cup will be a daily that I intend to do the odd track day in. Currently own an R35 GT-R as my fun car which I love but gets to costly for track days.

Only made the decision to jump into a Clio Sport recently really. Been running a little shed for 2 years as a daily. Cheap as chips Saxo VTR that only cost me one light bulb in 2 years lol. Now there's value for money. Anyway recently done a road trip through Wales with some hooning buddies and many of them had bought Megane Sports. Man I was impressed by their handling during the trip. My lardy Datsun took a caning on the front end so I thought I'd also jump into a quick hatch and have always loved the look of the Sport Cup. Drove a couple recently and they weren't up to scratch. Missing history so no record of cambelt change etc. not so with Jacks car. Nice example which I'm really looking forward to get the to know, hoon and track.

So I'll stop boring you all now. Great forum fellas and I learnt a lot from using the search function of the past couple of weeks.

Once in my ownership I'll post some pics up and creat a thread in the project section ; )

172 cup
Hi, nice to meet you tonight mate, as I'm not looking forward to letting her go at least it softens the blow by knowing it's going to a good home. I've got a couple of pictures from the summer here that I'll put up :), hope the cup serves you well as she has me!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
You didnt recently do a trackday at Bedford in your gtr did you?

That cup looks beautiful! Welcome along mate.

Lmao, that's not me fella. That went viral and the owner got a right slating lol. Nope mines bright red and traction control is never switched on unlike the dude in the vid lol

Great pics jack. Something to show my pals ; )

RB Clio 182
Lmao, that's not me fella. That went viral and the owner got a right slating lol. Nope mines bright red and traction control is never switched on unlike the dude in the vid lol

Great pics jack. Something to show my pals ; )

Thank god for that :tongueclosed:

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Love her to bits and she's no garage queen. BUT can't wait to have the Cup for some light weight fun ; )

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Machine! i bet you dont come across much on the road tries to overtake you :stig:
She's certainly quick. Running 600 at mo and tbh it's about the sweet spot for me as I love the twisties/hooning. Not fussed by big power and the 1/4 mile. Did squeeze 192 mph on a runway last year which was fun though.

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Where are you from mate?
Kent but I get around ; )

Pic where she is dirty is two weeks ago on black mountains. Other pic with road is butter tubs pass in Yorkshire. Wales was epic, did 905 miles and 20 hours seat time over 2.5 days. Right giggle but car is a little battered now lol

clio 182 trophy
Kent but I get around ; )

Pic where she is dirty is two weeks ago on black mountains. Other pic with road is butter tubs pass in Yorkshire. Wales was epic, did 905 miles and 20 hours seat time over 2.5 days. Right giggle but car is a little battered now lol
I thought you may have been from Wales when I saw the pics. Plus I saw an identical gtr near me in tesco in the summer and it is the only red gtr i have seen. Lovely bit of kit and at 600hp bet it moves! The clio will feel like the handbrake is on and all 4 tyres are flat lol.

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
I thought you may have been from Wales when I saw the pics. Plus I saw an identical gtr near me in tesco in the summer and it is the only red gtr i have seen. Lovely bit of kit and at 600hp bet it moves! The clio will feel like the handbrake is on and all 4 tyres are flat lol.

Lol, I was there in the summer too. With a group which included a gt3 RS in black with orange wheels if that rings a bell. Stopped at quite a few petrol stations that weekend and tesco was a could substitute for shell.

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Meant to say, the cup will feel plenty quick as I've been driving a shed of a Saxo VTR during the week for the past 2 years.

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
So she's in my possession : )
Jack popped over lastnight and the deal was done. Jacks a top fella and I wish him all the best with his new purchase. He even supplied me with some spares, lights, original exhaust, powerflex goodies. Cheers mate.
Once we done the deal I took Jack to his new motor. Even rolled out the freshly detailed GT-R. Hope you enjoyed the short blast mate ; )
Once I got back I unloaded the bits and then couldn't resist going for a shakedown on my local country lanes even though it was around 10pm and I as due to get up for work at 5am lol. 20 miles covered on a shakedown route I always use.

First impressions are good. She's nice and lively and handles well. Needs a slight adjustment on alignment and I could hear a very slight bit of play on a ball joint. Easy fix and overall very happy indeed.
She also sounds great. Kept chuckling to myself when attacking the lanes lastnight. Jury is out though on whether the ktec stays as its quite loud on the motorway. Certainly woke me up this morning lol.
Plans are quite simple. It's going to get a detail hit soon. I won't do it to the point that I'm scared to park it where I work but will brighten her up a little ; ). Then it's sort joint, get alignment and enjoy. When the next track season pops round I'll strip the rear out, put a different steering wheel on and grab a couple of buckets : ) then it's just maintain and enjoy!!

Once clean ill get a group pic with the Datsun and start a basic project thread, probably more a event tread early next year as I don't think my plans stand up against some of the great projects On here.
I'll stop boring you now lol.

Cheers Jack, grew dealing with you fella

172 cup
Glad you like it mate, can't wait to see the progress. Thanks again for the lift - such a epic car you have there, I'm loving the civic but it did feel like a 1L when I got out of the GT-R into it. Hope you get the niggly bits sorted ok, don't forget I'm not far from you if you need a hand

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Got my Cliosport club member pack through today. Now officially one of the gang ; )

Will be doing a few bits on the cup early in the New Year and will start a project thread then. Got a few bits to order (I'll be in touch with G 172 above ; ) and will hit it all at once. Nothing outrageous or power wise. More bushes, steering wheel and some buckets. Will be swapping the ktec back for the standard exhaust though lol. I'll stick it up on the for sale page once it's off.

Oh, and loving the rev hungry Cup. Awesome fwd fun. So glad I took this path for a daily/track car.

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Have to have a meet up in the new year mate ; )

Yeah brands will be the first track the cup visits. Only 10 mins away.

Clio sport 172
Welcome along mate

Great choice. Am in similar position as your self

I want lotus exige S as my fun expensive car but wanted a fun daily so clio it was.
Also have gsxr as summer toy.
Recently sold my Evo too lol