ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie - no clio but renault under the hood

Hi all,
quick introduction;

I'm from across the channel - NL.
I have a Dacia Sandero Stepway Mk1 with 1.6 8v MPI K7M800.
Looking around this forum to get some ideas for upping the power a little on this one the most simple way.

By the looks of it, there's a lot of people with knowledge about renault engines, so that's why I'm here, basically....

You are allowed here to up the power with 25 percent without having to inform insurance or anything.
Somewhere in that region would be nice.

Open for suggestions - thinking about 16v head (with computer?)....

regards,
Frank

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome.

Firstly.. why not buy a faster car ?

Secondly.. what's it putting out at the moment.. 100hp ? So, you're allowed to go to 125hp without telling insurance ? What happens if it's 126 or 130hp ? How would they know !? Do you have to "prove" it with a rolling road print out because we all know how easy they are to make look better..

What if you got a good one actually putting out 110hp from the factory.. are you allowed to go to 137.5 ?

Seems like a hilarious waste of money, time and effort to end up in a huge grey area to me but there we go.

I'm sure you'll get a few horses from different cams &/or head, air filter, and maybe a map.. but that's a lot of work ! Save your cash for your next car.

Good luck.

*Internet tells me it's 85hp.. so you can go to 106hp... Just get a 100hp diesel.. it'll have twice as much torque and use half as much fuel.

Or buy an ///M3 as this is CS.. ?

Welcome.

Firstly.. why not buy a faster car ?

Yes, well, that must be the number 1 question on the forum ?
Obvious reasons I suppose - lack of funding, family matters, etc.
Besides - I like this car, I just think it needs a little more power.....

You're right about the insurance thing of course - nobody is going to check except maybe when you're involved in an accident and even then, if it looks standard nobody will care.
I'm not sure why it would be hilarious to want a little more power and not a racing engine.
It's my daily driver so reliability is also an issue....

Frank