ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie V6 Owner

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Hi everyone.

Just found this forum on a search for V6 owners, I couldnt believe it when I saw the number of users. Very good. Wish Id known it was here when I had my old Mk1 172.:(

Anyway, I just oredered a V6 on Saturday (Illiad Blue), part exing in the snobbery of my BM to get back to the cocky little Clios.(y)

I have a question for existing V6 owners of Mk1s or Mk2s. When I was orderig the car the salesman who I know very well informed my that they had recently had another V6 customer reject there car due to the tyres looking pretty second-hand, and the clock showing 50 miles.

When he investigated this with Renault they told him that all V6s go on a test track before there released to the customers.

Does anybody know if this is correct?

Thanks

Simo.

I would say thats b****cks, when i picked up my Mk1 it had 6 miles on the clock!

When i get my Mk2 i shall expect the same!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Hi Vix, thanks for the welcome:D

So the 50 miles could have been put on at the import centre and general joy riding then?

Ive e-mailed Renault this morning to give them a chance to explain. Normally on a new car I wouldnt allow anything over 10. My 3 series came with 32 miles on it so I got a few things thrown in for free.

Whats it like having a V6 Steve, a few words please on owning them.

Ha ha! Sounds like the dealership had been giving demos in the customers car or taking it out for a spin themselves.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 05 January 2004

The mutts nuts (you did say a few words);)

Cant wait for my Mk2

What colour are you getting Steve, like I said Ive gone for Blue. I liked the sound of the black, but Im trading in a black car. They look great and Ill be sorry to see it go but I wont be sorry to see that paint colour go.

Did you get any discount? Im getting the V6 and a "New Megane" diesel, so they did me a great price. The V6 is costing my £25135. I couldnt even beat that if I went for an import.

Stealth Bomber R26

My reno dealer had a V6 in a week before I picked up my 172 and it had 44 miles on it. Reno UKs explanation is that they test a certain percentage of new cars prior to delivery (looks like it is only V6s that it happens to cos my 172 had 13 miles on the clock).

Clio v6

I pre-warned my salesman that if the car had any more than 10 miles on it I wasnt accepting it.

( 7 miles when collected )

btw Welcome to ClioSport :D

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 05 January 2004

I pre-warned my salesman that if the car had any more than 10 miles on it I wasnt accepting it.

( 7 miles when collected )

btw Welcome to ClioSport :D
Thanks Dash.

Ive told them the same thing, anthing over 10 miles and it will be rejected.

Still no reply from Renault. Buggers:mad:

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 05 January 2004

Hi everyone.

I have a question for existing V6 owners of Mk1s or Mk2s. When I was orderig the car the salesman who I know very well informed my that they had recently had another V6 customer reject there car due to the tyres looking pretty second-hand, and the clock showing 50 miles.

When he investigated this with Renault they told him that all V6s go on a test track before there released to the customers.

Does anybody know if this is correct?

I think the track you are referring to is the Test Track that the apprentice mechanics use which probably amounts to the nearest 50 miles of dual carriageways and roundabouts close to their dealerships! A few corners in the Jeremy Clarkson style should see that the tyres are well scrubbed!! ;) :D

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Mines due in the country on 23rd Feb. So hopefully I should get it for the new Reg. Looking forward to it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 05 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 05 January 2004

Welcome to the madhouse Simo!
Thanks Bond. Hows Moneypenny;)

Im seeing her behind his back.. ssshh big secret ... dont say anthing..