ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next car - which would you choose ?

BMW M3
Trying to decide what I should drive next. Wrote my clio off, have got a mk3 GTI i got for £300 to use until i source something else. Amazing what you can get for that sort of money... great car.

Anyway, was looking at a BMW 330 M-sport either coupe or saloon. Prob around 53/04 plate. But while looking around realised I could get a newer Focus ST3 if i save up a bit so am not really sure what to pursue and was wondering your opinions.

Out of these 2 which would you choose ? I like my refinement/image and performance and dont really want to get much less than 26mpg average over town and motorway.

bmw330.jpg

or

FordFocusSt.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
tough choice tbh... st highly tuneable but even more common than the 330

depends what your wanting... for performance probably the st as a grand will grab you plenty of extra horses... but it you want comfort and prestige the beemer

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
beemer not that i'm biased

although personally the grey isn't doing it any favours...

look for a clubsport if you're going the 330 route

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Going on looks alone - as I have never driven either - I'd have the BMW. The Focus does not really do anything for me.

Turbos.
A bit of a toughie. The E46 is starting to look dated now but in the right colour combo still looks classy and will still impress your mates. The Focus is OK, certainly more modern, but i hate the cheap leather in them and the Ford badge.

What is your budget?

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
beemer and you know it, focus's can be a bit chavvy if your not careful lol (both tidy motors mind)

jamie

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Tough one. I was going to say the 330, but the ST may be easier to shift when the time comes to move on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Beemer by a country mile. RWD, better cabin, better exterior, better engine.

The BMW, because its a different class compared the Focus in terms of everything...

It shouldnt really be a tough choice =[

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The bmw is the better car but the focus is quite cool.Dont know which i would go for tbh.

330i. E30 Touring.
A bit of a toughie. The E46 is starting to look dated now but in the right colour combo still looks classy and will still impress your mates. The Focus is OK, certainly more modern, but i hate the cheap leather in them and the Ford badge.

What is your budget?

Beemer by a country mile. RWD, better cabin, better exterior, better engine.

Listen to these two.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
focus, quicker and more driver focused, easy to mod.

Bmw 3series is too common place and looks very dated imo now. High service costs and the engine is nice, but not a huge step up from what you had.

182 Trophy
focus, quicker and more driver focused, easy to mod.

Bmw 3series is too common place and looks very dated imo now. High service costs and the engine is nice, but not a huge step up from what you had.

to be fair mate, you cant exactly call focus's rare, jesus theyre the most common car in the country, and yes i do mean all models because you just said '3series'. Focus man is the new mondeo man.
i personaly cant see why you would want either, what does the focus offer that the megane doesnt?, apart from s**t economy, a lazy 5cylinder pensioners volvo engine, a terrible chasais, 3 seconds slower round tg track, oh yeah and rust. (if not yet, lets face it, ford invented rust)

Clio 172 & Fabia vRS
To be fair though i wouldnt call it a "lazy 5 cylinder pensioners volvo engine"... those things shift.. Even though they used the 225 in the ST not the 250 that the S60/V70 T5's have..

MCS R56
BMW!!! Not biased at all btw!

It's a great car to drive, you can get 30mpg if you try and it has every toy known to automotive man. They perform nicely too, easily keep up with an ST, if not quicker, RWD!!! and they sound nice too. They also look a lot better than all Fords.

No contest imo!