ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next engine mod?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i got exhasut

panal filter, stealth system and matched inlets and made about 185

so sports cat or decat is next

Cant decided between-

Yozzasport race
Yozzasport road
Ktec stealth
Ktec recessed
Trip to prospeed

Which one will be better quality, and will give (Hopefully) the most gains?

Not really fussed about loudness. But really like the neatness of the recessed, but cant really seem to find many reviews of the ktec one?

Ph1
You wont go too much wrong with the Ktec. Has the option of a 182 manifold upgrade too with it being the only one with a adjustable front telescopic piece so good plus point there.

There's also the GDi one which isnt on that list and could be worth a look.

All the 2.5'' bore exhausts (not the Yozza road) will give you the same gains and all come with a lifetime guarantee

"Navy" N17 TWO
You wont go too much wrong with the Ktec. Has the option of a 182 manifold upgrade too with it being the only one with a adjustable front telescopic piece so good plus point there.

There's also the GDi one which isnt on that list and could be worth a look.

All the 2.5'' bore exhausts (not the Yozza road) will give you the same gains and all come with a lifetime guarantee

What do you mean by the adjustable bit mate?

Ph1
Its just a 8'' roughly in length pipe with the flange on which bolts to the cat. Slides into the centre section.

Just gives the exhaust more adjustability plus is really handy for 182 manifold conversions as if your link pipe is a bit out all you need to do is slide the pipe in or out a bit to mate up :)

Think theres a pic of it on the Ktec site

M

mini-valver

Going by my exhaust, avoid Prospeed. I'd look at the Yozza road system. The race one is mental loud!

OR, cut out the midde man and go direct to JP in Macclesfield.

Ph1
In terms of the bore size yeah.

2.5'' bore is the standard SS aftermarket bore size used by just about all the tuners and zorst makers for the Sport Clios.

Some will say a 2.25 bore is just as good but id stick with a 2.5'' for a 'gain' and to match with future potential engine upgrades you might do

Ph1
I'd look at the Yozza road system. The race one is mental loud!

OR, cut out the midde man and go direct to JP in Macclesfield.

Ooooo dont cut the middle man where that exhaust is concerned. I did just that and ended up with a bitchy email from JP

Their under contract to Yozza anyway so cant supply

M

mini-valver

Lol! What did they say Andy? No idea Ben, No harm in ringing and asking for an exhaust "like" the Yozza one though eh? ;)

M

mini-valver

They're all going to be much of a muchness dude, the Yozza is beautifully made though and sounds the tits.....

M

mini-valver

I'm not actually sure, lol. If you rang Andrew though (If you can even get through) and mentioned the site, I'm sure he'd sort you out, sound guy.....

Golf V6 4Motion
is that a good thing then? :S

very much so - the gaskets aren't making the heads hot - thats how hot they are... its just showing how much difference it can make to the plenum, etc. Glad to see +ve results yet again!

best of luck getting more power! :)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
rob_clio172rs has the orbi race exhasut and its nuts - love it

yeah its loud but sounds sweet when given the beans

just depends if u want a loud exhaust

"Navy" N17 TWO
I can say the 182 yozza exhaust & decat combo was VERY loud on Fatboyslim's/Rosssei's LY :)
It was bloody class though lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if i had to remove all my mods and was only aloud 1 it would be my 182 manifold, made a huge difference!! i knew there was big gains to be had but didnt expect quite what i got (fitted with decat at same time) the extra mid range was awesome

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've thought about that too but the 182 manifold gives more torque than anything else doesnt it? Hence more pull, that's wat I'm led to believe anyway lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yes in theory 4-1 manifold gives more top end power where a 4-2-1 gives more midrange and slightly less top end (in theory!)

ive not noticed any loss in top end (but then i fitted it with a decat at the same time so possibly that made up for the top end loss) but the extra mid range pull is awesome, makes it feel much quicker and makes 3rd much more usable where before id find myself dropping to 2nd to get above 5k as it was dead before 5k. now its much more lively before 5k then when it does hit 5k it pulls like f**k! lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ok, well since I've already got the 172 Sport cat now I'm going to go get the KTec recessed exhaust and with matched inlets & RS tuner I should be happy enough :)

ClioSport 172 Cup
158bhp, thats quite low for your mods. Ditch the ITG Maxogen! You will benefit more from the V6 box and a better flowing filter! I`m betting your ITG is robbing you 2-3bhp. The cylindrical design and cold feed pipe are both restrictive over the V6 box and will be effecting the inlet pressure.

My mods! I have a maxogen, and a silenced decat, running into a crappy kwik fit exhaust and thats it.

I believe for a standard engine, which it might aswell be, its about right. I will do another run without the maxogen and just the standard box see if it makes and difference.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Wait till kev gets his, i think it'll be immense!!!! Nobody has an OMP on here so will be looked down on ;)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Buy the omp buy the omp! :D

It sounds mint mate :cool: Just about to go out and get you some vids ;) and pics lol :p