ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Do you realise how boring it is you referring to it as the 720?

Boring, not at all. I just read the 1st post in this thread posted by Scutch and followed him: ( PS4 launch apparently September time, with the XBox 720 rumoured to be a few weeks later ) don't be upset:rasp:

Why do people keep calling it the 720? Am I missing something?

Well it seems the op was correct in naming it the 720 as that seems to be its max capable resolution, hence the xbox 720;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It was rumoured to be called the 720 back in March.

We all know now it's the XBox One.

1.8 Civic EX
Tbh anyone referring to the XboxOne as a 720 should be banned from this thread as it border line full r****d.

Also, where does the 0.04% stat come from? Not sure that flies with me seeing as two broke right in front of my eyes whilest at the gadget show a few weeks back. One of which was the one they were using to demo the thing on the live show. The bald fella (Jason?) just picked it up and ripped all the cables out because it wasn't turning off lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You know anyone who calls it the 720 is massive Sony brown tongue....

Probably got nothing better to do while Sony send a courier to pick up their dead PS4 ;)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf this whole thread is already turning into a fanboy slanging match. It's like watching kids poking each other to get an argumentative response. Funny to watch though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
seems like the majority of people with issues bought from amazon, so whether its because amazon sold the most, or have a viewable feedback system that we are aware of it, or because a dodgy batch were given to amazon, difficult to say.

if the uk launch goes well, then its possibly just a bad batch, theres not much they can do between now and the uk launch though unless its fixable with an update as the boxes would have been shipped here by now i would have thought to be clearing customs in time and getting to stores, my local game already had all the sealed games in it looked like when i was in last week.

Mini JCW
^ The Amazon US site feedback rating is going up all the time now.

Also lol @ being able to use the term 'FPS4', but moaning at '720' - double standards ;)

Really interested to see what the Ones reviews are now.

Ordered the PS4 for £377 inc KillZone 4, delivered.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
seems like the majority of people with issues bought from amazon, so whether its because amazon sold the most, or have a viewable feedback system that we are aware of it, or because a dodgy batch were given to amazon, difficult to say.

if the uk launch goes well, then its possibly just a bad batch, theres not much they can do between now and the uk launch though unless its fixable with an update as the boxes would have been shipped here by now i would have thought to be clearing customs in time and getting to stores, my local game already had all the sealed games in it looked like when i was in last week.

One of the 5 star reviews:

"Mine worked fine out of the box but the people at the Amazon DC packed it like a bunch of idiots. I'm not surprised there are so many reports of broken PS4's originating from Amazon, as there was literally nothing in the box apart from a few airbags on top. Anytime this box was set down or tossed, the PS4 took the full brunt of it. Mine shipped locally, but almost assuredly would have been broken if it had to travel more.
I'd look into Amazon's DOA rate if I was Sony."

Could be one explanation as to why so many arrived DOA

Mini JCW

"Mine worked fine out of the box but the people at the Amazon DC packed it like a bunch of idiots. I'm not surprised there are so many reports of broken PS4's originating from Amazon, as there was literally nothing in the box apart from a few airbags on top. Anytime this box was set down or tossed, the PS4 took the full brunt of it. Mine shipped locally, but almost assuredly would have been broken if it had to travel more.

It's pot luck it seems - some have been getting well packaged items while others have basically been getting a PS4 inside a larger box with no padding / protection at all!

Cannot wait to get mine now - bring it on.

Intrigued what's made of the Ones title line up and of course the DDR3 ram and how this pans out in terms of critics reviews.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Like I said. Boring.

If you find it boring don't read it simple, can even block my post if you want I honestly don't mind lol

It was rumoured to be called the 720 back in March.

We all know now it's the XBox One.

You had good foresight, naming it the Xbox 720 seems to have lots of relevance to the actual machine we have today... I think you choose a good name and I hope you don't mind me using it;):p

Tbh anyone referring to the XboxOne as a 720 should be banned from this thread as it border line full r****d.

Also, where does the 0.04% stat come from? Not sure that flies with me seeing as two broke right in front of my eyes whilest at the gadget show a few weeks back. One of which was the one they were using to demo the thing on the live show. The bald fella (Jason?) just picked it up and ripped all the cables out because it wasn't turning off lol

LOL and its ok for the PS3 to be slagged off and called a doorstop and numerous other stupid names ( double standards much:S).... ignore it unless it upsets you that much lol

The 0.4% figure comes from sony http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/14/5...problems-are-isolated-to-0-4-of-units-shipped and just because you see 2 broke in front of your eyes means they are all going to break ? I see a 63reg Porsche broken down the other day , didn't make me think they are all going to break... It a new console which will have teething problems, you 360 boys should know all about that:dead:

Don't you mean 720, @Scutch?

Good lad learning something new:star:

dk

911 GTS Cab

Yes I read a few and it seemed to be a running theme that amazon were s**t. I think it's them in general at the moment though, I bought a couple of hard drives from them last week and reading the reviews for those people were saying the packaging was completely inappropriate for the delicate devices inside and loads had been delivered doa.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Have I accidentally walked into a school playground? Jeez... *shakes head* :clown: I guess any chance of half-sensible conversation regarding next-gen consoles went out the window some time ago... LOL!

Ph 1 172
Too me this whole debate is rather simple and it always has been as far back as the original xbox and ps2 which controller do you prefer! Any game that is on both ps4 and xbox1 will look the same as companies will not spend extra time making one look better than the other, the only real difference will be in titles that exclusive for each console, and even then we can't say if it would be better or worse on the other console as we have no comparison. This debate of which is better is personal preference which falls down to simple questions

which controller do you prefer?
forza or gran turismo?
titanfall/gears of war or kill zone?

Xbox for me, I and the 720p debate is crazy it's not to do with hardware it's the software developers hence way forza 5(and I think need for speed) is running at 1080p 60fps.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Xbox for me, I and the 720p debate is crazy it's not to do with hardware it's the software developers hence way forza 5(and I think need for speed) is running at 1080p 60fps.
How do you come to that conclusion?

Ofcourse it's the hardware, it's well known it's the difference in hardware, they might learn how to wring some more performance out of it over time, but it's still the hardware holding them back at the moment compared to the ps4.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Of the 3 people on my course that have bought a PS4, all 3 are working. Therefore, 100% working fine.

The internet has a habit of skewing just how bad things look, and who knows what the actual percentage is (aside from Sony)

It's still amusing that so many people were so pro Sony after E3, yet the consoles are failing miserably.. probably should have stuck to the Xbox One ;) (I guarantee there will be some big issues with the Xbox One on launch next week, tbf).

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
as long as it is sorted by the 29th ( which it will be ) then it really doesn't bother me and am quite happy the Americans are the guinea pigs:p I expect the same thing to happen next week when the 720 is released tbh...

In other news anybody else see this r****d:eek: could of just given the money to charity etc rather than being an attention seeking prick:dead:

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b35_1384558275[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
  Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
as long as it is sorted by the 29th ( which it will be ) then it really doesn't bother me and am quite happy the Americans are the guinea pigs:p I expect the same thing to happen next week when the 720 is released tbh...

In other news anybody else see this r****d:eek: could of just given the money to charity etc rather than being an attention seeking prick:dead:

Last edited by a moderator:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Will be interesting to see if problems are raised in the same volume for European release.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No. Its the fact that the hardware is harder/more time consuming to develop for not because its inferior.
no, pretty sure its also inferior.....

both are using the same architecture this time around, that excuse doesn't fly this time, they just dint put enough ram in, simple really, sony played a blinder on that one, hedged a bet and won.

Over time developers may find a way to compensate, but they'll always be working with something less powerful, even if MS do try and over clock it some more (which they've already done for retail units since developers have had their units to develop the games on), but with over clocking normally comes less reliability, something the 360 saw after an update that bricked a lot of customers boxes......

oh and before someone cries fanboy, i have an Xboxone on order.

I read 1.5mil preorders for the PS4, does anyone know if that was for the US or worldwide?

No tech has a fault free launch. Same happens every year with Apple products (oh no he didn't), but these failures are being aired by, understandably, upset customers through reviews. I do question how many are legit.

I'm unlikely to cancel my PS4 preorder, unless of course it's clear there's a HUGE issue (confirmed by SONY), not a few hundred consumers.

I'll be massively surprised if the XboxOne has a clean launch. It's impossible. Literally.