ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice sunny day, perfect excuse to clean the 172

As i had a day off work and it was nice weather its the perfect day for giving the clio a much needed clean.

some before photos.

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

First up i sprayed the bottom half of the car with apc then gave her a quick wash.
Then i attacked the wheels with the iron x

DSC_0261.jpg

Snowfoam time!

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

I then clayed the whole car using megs clay and quick detailer. This is the clay bar after doing just the bonnet, you can tell its not been done in a while!

DSC_0265.jpg

a quick wash and left to dry

DSC_0266.jpg

Bonnet

DSC_0272.jpg

Poorboys black hole was then applied to the whole car with a das-6 and a blue hex-logic pad

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

I then gave the engine a quick wipe over

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

Chemical guys new look trim gel was then applied to all trim bits and the glass done with fast glass. I also gave the tyres a layer of megs endurance tyre gel

The paint was then given a layer of Surf City Speed Demon Wax Detailer. Found this really easy to apply and gave a lovely shine.

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

Hope you like! :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is claying a hard job? I've yet to try it.

Also, loving the originality of the calibra/vectra supertouring? rims!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I just watched a few videos on youtube on claying and I picked it up pretty quickly. Although I hate doing it. Most mind numbing job ever.

Its not hard, just need to make sure the paint is lubed up enough to not scratch the paint. Its a must tho if using a machine on it afterwards, you want a nice smooth surface when you're polishing/glazing.

I like the wheels, altho they do look slightly too small after the 16s

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Nice nails. Shellac or minx?

My old man had those wheels on his Vectra. He loved them too. Then my mum rolled it.

Why you got them on? not criticising, just curious.

Titanium 182
I love that :) nice garage too, any pics of what's inside?

Also I love Taunton! We often stay at the Manor House up over in Dulverton - some great driving roads around there!