ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick Melson's 172cup

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Will do bud !

Haha I need a gear know like that, we'll aslong as I won't put my fist through the climate control Changing gears

172cup
So bit of an update since last time.So I bought a cage and some seats and harness.Got some new side mounts for passenger seat on the way as its too low atm.
1170810_10153176419770691_1530517364_n.jpg
1097993_10153176419870691_47825964_n.jpg
1175092_10153176419460691_272349346_n.jpg

172cup
Cheers guys,
Yeah need to respray interior again, cage was a ball ache to fit scratched a few bits. Oh well :)

Let me know when your around Raz well go for a spin ;)

Harry you wishing you never sold it? ;)

172cup
So last week I had a nightmare, Really wasn't my day.
I left work and drove about 500 yards, Suddenly no drive. No noises or anything car was just revving when I accelerated.
Luckily there was a lay by just across the road, So I pulled over and tried to drive off but there was no drive so assumed the clutch had gone.
Jumped out ( as it started to pour with rain ) checked the clutch cable on the box, it felt fine so closed the bonnet and went to jump back in the car.
The doors had locked... Car still running, Wipers still going, Phone and wallet in the car! FML
Stood there for about 20mins trying to get in, Contemplating weather to break the window or not.

There was an old couple asleep in their car in the lay by so I popped over and asked if they could watch my car as I ran to work to borrow my boss's phone, Rang my dad and he came up to give me a hand. Tried a few things, cutting the window seal to pop the window out, Tried bunging the exhaust to stall it tried the old packaging strap down the door to grab the handle but no luck, Eventually got I had to pop down the road to a local garage and borrow a roll of copper brake pipe and stuck that down the door and managed to press the button for the window and eventually got in!

Got towed home and had a search on here and found a fair few threads on the Circlip popping so after speaking to a few lads I was 90% sure it was that, So popped the shaft off (managed to rip the inner boot -_-) but got it all off and there it was the Circlip in the boot and bent!
So glad it was only that, Was getting ready for new clutch and box.

Had to buy a car for a daily while I fixed it, Got my self a 1.3 Fiesta! Months mot and tax all for a bargain of £200! haha
It's going to be scrapped a soon as i'm done so it's getting ragged and purposely driven into stuff and through fields, It's such a laugh.

Ordered myself a RenFort ring to bolt into the circlip place so it wont happen again. Just ordered lots of goodies to treat the clio once its up and running, Full service, Fresh oils and filters ect.
Then its some new PureMotorsport top mount bearings as mine has broke :(

Then its time for some track time! :D

Few more updates.

Rear badge finally fitted! and De-wiperd

e3y7ubu4.jpg

New number plate light, bit of a difference

ryhy3ydy.jpg

Had to remove engine cover as it was vibrating on the strut brace so going to cut a small part of the cover off so it fits nicely.

Every time i've looked for the Rs badge you've got, it's like £40! is that what you've paid for yours?

172cup
Will be fixed within the next week or so, just waiting on the Circlip ring from france >.<
But then ill be booking some track time.
Tempted by donny, Ill let you know ;)

172cup
Well she's fixed and running, God dam it feels like a super car compared to the fiesta haha, Fresh oil and gearbox oil.

Booked in at Corten millers tomorrow for a power test, Hopefully its more than standard, Either way i'm not fussed. Drives perfect and pulls hard all the way to the raised limiter :D

172cup
So today went a hell of alot better than expected. Was happy for just over standard power.

Received this!

1378550_10153377347655691_2136356921_n.jpg

I know a lot of you will say ''rollers are s**t yada yada yada'' Not fussed, It drives spot on and pulls hard

It made 159.1 at the wheels. Slight lump at 3/4k but other than that the torque seems smooth.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
My Clio made 177 on that Dyno so it's accurate, all my mates cars have been on it to and made correct power, must be a gooden!

Clio 172 Cup
And everyone who has driven it or been passenger in it has said its abnormally fast for a Clio 172 Cup. Very good engine!

172cup
Small update, Nearly sold the cup for a 328i sport. Mate of mine told me he had some 2118s and some R888s he would sell me cheap.

God dam it!

1451339_10153576809265691_1957590414_n.jpg

Got them refurbed in silver, The R888s can stay in the shed until the good weather comes out again.