ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick's BG 182 Rescue Project

2005 182 non-cup
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum, became a member upon purchasing my BG182 last month. It's my first Renault and I'm really liking it!

So I managed to pick up my 2005 182 with 29k miles for 1100 smackers! It certainly needed someone to take it off the previous owners hands, it had too much oil in it, headlights were yellow, wheels were trashed, tyres were bald, quite a few scratches, paint was dull, blowing exhaust, wipers were sha**ed, brake light out... I think that's it, safe to say it had been neglected and was feeling a bit sorry for itself.

When I bought it:
IMG_2056.JPG
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG

How it looks as of today:

IMG_2096.JPG
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2107.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2126.JPG
IMG_2128.JPG
So far I've done the following:
  • Oil & Filter change
  • Clay, compound, polish, wax and touch up kit on what the compound couldn't rescue
  • New wheels and tyres
  • Coilovers
  • RS200 badge
  • Mini citroen rubber aerial
  • Fatty induction kit
  • Gaitor repair and seat protectors
  • Exhaust repair putty (for now)
Pretty chuffed with how things are going, next up will be a new front splitter, possibly yellow fogs and to fix the exhaust, I've ordered all the bits to do the decat modification and I'm going to ditch the centre silencer by running stainless pipe to the standard backbox which I'll keep for now. That'll fix the blowing which is coming from centre silencer and provide some nice benefits for now.

What do you guys think on exhaust plan, front sticker combo and plans to do fogs yellow?

Cheers, Nick.

2005 182 non-cup
No wonder it's lie mileage if it's a guernsey car! Good work so far mate
Thanks mate! Yeah our cars tend to be lower mileage but it's harsher mileage really as more stop start. Most the 1*2's over here are seem to be around the 50k mark so at least this one had one thing going for it!!