ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nickson's Titanium PH1 172

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Few more goodies turned up yesterday for the PH1.

Looks like this is going to be a busy weekend for me and the car ;).

img2011021500274.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Set to work on the car today.

Managed to get the quickshift fitted without the gearbox pin. Im not going to bother fitting the pin, the throw is hugely shorter, a bit too short to be honest, but feels very positive, so thats not bad!

Managed to get a few filthy pics of her mind:

dsc0431f.jpg

dsc0433s.jpg

dsc0432c.jpg

dsc0434wb.jpg

dsc0435nb.jpg

dsc0437un.jpg

dsc0438v.jpg

dsc0436r.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
More updates!
Had an early start on the car today, as there were a few bits and pieces I wanted doing before the weekend was out.

I wanted to fit my brand new throttle cable, as a sticky throttle was royally pissing me off. I wanted to get my Skoda Fabia splitter fitted, and I wanted to fit my Goodridge hoses. On top of this, I needed to give it a good wash and hoover, as it had been neglected for a few weeks :eek:.

So, to start, fitted the new throttle cable! Bit of an annoying job to get in behind the sound deadening of the engine bay, but very worth it to stop the throttle sticking!
I did have a few pictures of this but they appear to have disappeared off of my phone :/.

Next job was to tackle fitting the Skoda splitter... For this, I thought it best to remove the front bumper:

img2011022000278.jpg

Very easy job to remove the bumper, much easier than I thought it would be!

Next we set about drilling and riveting the splitter to the bumper:

img2011022000279.jpg

Finished!:

img2011022000280.jpg

Whilst the bumper was off, I thought it best to remove all of the rust on the front of the car with a wire brush, treat it, and give it a lovely coat of Hammerite!
I honestly do not know how I would survive without the stuff!

img2011022000281.jpg

Bumper refitted :)

img2011022000282.jpg

Next job was to crack on with fitting the Goodridge hoses, before:

img2011022000284.jpg

img2011022000285.jpg

Please excuse the muddy arches :eek:

Front hoses fitted!

img2011022000286.jpg

img2011022000287.jpg

I have just bought a new set of discs and pads to be fitted next week as these are getting on a little bit. Will have the calipers off to give them a good clean up and another lick of paint! But what colour to go for? Im thinking possibly yellow...?

Unfortunately we didnt manage to get the rear Goodridge hoses fitted today, as I was having problems with a binding rear brake caliper. After stripping it down, greasing it up refitting it and still having the same problems, it turned out that the sliders had siezed. So we spent the remainder of the day sorting that out, with no daylight left to fit the hoses. They will be going on next week with the new discs and paaaads (if they arrive in time).

Quick dirty picture:

img2011022000288.jpg

Also... :(

img2011021900276.jpg

Managed to wash the car in the dark, but didnt get any pictures as it was pretty dark. Will have to get some throughout the week to show off the new splitter!

Comments welcome :), cheers.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
all looking well, splitter looks tidy and i'd go with the yellow calipers :rasp:

68k....thats nothing :D

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
all looking well, splitter looks tidy and i'd go with the yellow calipers :rasp:

68k....thats nothing :D

Cheers mate!
Splitter scrapes on everything :(
Hit it a few times yesterday on small things, luckily not at speed..
May have to raise the front end a little now haha.

68k is something! Shes nearly 70k :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Don't worry about the splitter scraping, just replace after every 6k and you'll be fine! Mine has lasted forever.

Car is looking brilliant though, I can't wait to get my f1's on now.

Clio RS1
Very nice car ! I've got also the same in France ! I also wanted to get the Renault badge in black on the bonnet and now i'm definitely convinced !

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
lookin good mate!
have you noticed any difference with the goodridge hoses?
calipers would look good in yellow ;) wish mine was on 70k! just about 82! 9k since october lol

Evo 5 RS
eye spy a nasty parking ding! Right fcuker that panel to get em out of.

Front bumper sits really well..stop whinging about mileage. 68k is nowt

Evo 5 RS

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers mate!
Splitter scrapes on everything :(
Hit it a few times yesterday on small things, luckily not at speed..
May have to raise the front end a little now haha.

68k is something! Shes nearly 70k :(

Bet thats annoying with a new one just put on, my 1.2 is on 93k :dapprove:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry about the splitter scraping, just replace after every 6k and you'll be fine! Mine has lasted forever.

Car is looking brilliant though, I can't wait to get my f1's on now.

Haha, it was £12 so im happy to replace when I finally manage to rip it off!

Makes the front end look a hell of a lot better though!

Cheers man, I love the look of your car on Ed's old wheels!

Also.. I need to get myself one of those Costco jacks ;)

Very nice car ! I've got also the same in France ! I also wanted to get the Renault badge in black on the bonnet and now i'm definitely convinced !

Cheers mate! Its not black, its a very dark grey, needs respraying though as its chipped :).

lookin good mate!
have you noticed any difference with the goodridge hoses?
calipers would look good in yellow ;) wish mine was on 70k! just about 82! 9k since october lol

I havent noticed any difference if im honest. Still need to get the rear hoses fitted and bleed the entire system with some decent fluid. Will report back then :).

I am leaning towards yellow! I will update with what colour I have chosen after they have been painted on the weekend ;).

Haha, thats a lot! I have managed just over 6k since March I think. Ha!

Good spot :p
If you look closer, there are actually 2, there is one just above the bumper and directly below the other one :(

Need to get them sorted actually, hopefully wont cost too much!

Haha I know, I'm a bit of a mileage freak though..

Bet thats annoying with a new one just put on, my 1.2 is on 93k :dapprove:

Haha its ok actually. Not as bad as I thought it may be. But then again I havent driven over any speed bumps ;).

Also, I didnt think this was possible..
Managed it on the weekend on the way back from the New Forest..

img2011022000289.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Few more updates!

The discs and pads have needed changing since I have had the car.

Having bought the discs and pads during the week, and having a free afternoon, thought I would fit them to save me from doing it over the weekend.

Firstly, the new discs and pads.

Brembo HC's, and EBC Greenstuff pads. I know the pads get mixed reviews, but we shall see how they perform!

img2011022500298.jpg

The state of the old discs and pads on the car:

img2011022000284.jpg

img2011022000286.jpg

Fitting was very easy! Took under 30 mins for both sides of the car! Luckily none of the bolts were siezed!

Fitted:

img2011022500299.jpg

img2011022500300.jpg

Thought I would take a picture of the state of the old discs and pads. Very happy I changed them when I did as they would not have lasted much longer the state they were in!

img2011022500301.jpg

Finished!

img2011022500303.jpg

img2011022500302.jpg

So far so good!
Very happy with both purchases. Braking performance is 100% improved!

Fitting the rear Goodridge hoses tomorrow, fitting the new rear pads and bleeding the system with some decent brake fluid.

Hopefully will be pretty awesome when done :)

Cheers!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get some more work done to the car yesterday.
I had a set of Powerflex wishbone bushes sat around for ages waiting to go on. As I had nothing better to do, I thought I would tackle the challenge :evil:.

So..

Wishbones out!

img2011022600305.jpg

img2011022600306.jpg

Apologies for the blurry photography :eek:

Next job was to remove the old bushes, and set about fitting the new collar inserts for the Powerflex bushes:

img2011022600304.jpg

Welder in the background primed, ready for welding the collars in!
Took a fair bit of work to get them fitted mind, they just wouldnt go in!

Once that was done, all that was left to do was fit the bushes and steel inserts.
Also gave them a lick of hammerite to freshen them up a little:

img2011022600307.jpg

Was a bit of a squeeze to get them refitted to the car, but managed to get them all bolted up without much trouble!
Refitted:

img2011022600309.jpg

img2011022600310.jpg

Gave the suspension legs a little rust treat and Hammerite as well, as they were looking a little rusty!

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that I have now fitted my Eibach camber bolts. But due to any adjustment in the camber causing the wheels to scrub the coilovers, I had to remove them again.
Looks like I may have to run some spacers :evil:

Had a little go at polishing the "RenaultSport" logo on the inlet:

img2011022600308.jpg

Shinyy!!

Cheers!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I may, or may not have just purchased one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170512573126&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Hoping that it is as good as everyone has made it out to be!

Bought this this week before buying rear discs as I thought they would be selling pretty quickly and they only had 5 in stock!

Hopefully I will recieve it before the weekend and get it fitted on Saturday. More updates/pics to follow when that happens :)

EDIT:

Thought bugger it, may as well fit the new rear discs and pads whilst the rear of the car is up having the Whiteline and Goodridge rear hoses fitted, so just bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250605807071&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quite an expensive Monday morning if you ask me! Haha.

Should sort her out for a while..

Oh and on top of that... I have literally just had to renew my car tax :(

Next on the list of things to do.... Moarrrr power?

Last edited:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
supercharge??? LOL :D

Ha, if funds permit....... Hm ;)

shouuld got got some brembo rear discs.. about half the price of £100

Please tell me you are joking? I wanted bearings and ABS rings to save buggering around though.. Just slap them on and away I go!

must admit these ph1 really are growing on me, and yours sir is a cracking example

Ha, thanks man :eek:

I must admit, I wasnt too fond to begin with, but it has really grown on me!

Nothing at the mo :(
Do you just do this all yourself? With a box full of sockets and of you go? if so thats quiet impressive :D

(s)Low Dynamique
Really enjoyed reading all of this so far. You look after your car very well! Keep up the good work, it looks stunning.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Really enjoyed reading all of this so far. You look after your car very well! Keep up the good work, it looks stunning.

Thanks very much mate!

I do my best to keep it all up together :approve:.

Few more bits arrived today courtesy of mr DHL (and my credit card) ;)

img2011030200314.jpg

img2011030200315.jpg

New rear discs ready to be fitted on the weeeeeeekend!

Also.. I am currently looking into getting a new exhaust..

I am getting annoyed with the Ktec if im honest. Its just far too loud and boomy for me. I was thinking about swapping my straight through mid-section for a silenced one. But a BTB exhaust tickles my fancy a little bit more :evil:

Decisions decisions..

2007 MK3 Clio
Mate, this is an UNREAL example of one of these car's, you take while good care of it!
Must admit at first I didn't really like the PH1's but reading through this thread they have grown on me significantly!
Keep it up & keep us updated!
Nice set of alloys or an alloy refurb & colour code would be a very nice touch IMO but this is TIDY!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
fun filled weekend ;) lol have the same pads sitting on my desk to go on mine too! put up ure view on the arb when its on after a wee drive :)

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, this is an UNREAL example of one of these car's, you take while good care of it!
Must admit at first I didn't really like the PH1's but reading through this thread they have grown on me significantly!
Keep it up & keep us updated!
Nice set of alloys or an alloy refurb & colour code would be a very nice touch IMO but this is TIDY!

Thank you very much mate!

To get the wheels refurbed is definitely the next thing on the list to do. They are looking very tired now, so just to find somewhere local that will do them for cheap now!

I may also look into getting the front end and rear bumper sprayed due to stonechips etc, but that is way down the line as it doesnt really bother me.

Apart from that I am stuck with things I want to do!

fun filled weekend ;) lol have the same pads sitting on my desk to go on mine too! put up ure view on the arb when its on after a wee drive :)

Im thinking about fitting it tonight if it isnt -932443 degrees outside again.

Will definitely get my thoughts and opinions on the Whiteline posted up.

Cheers!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

Well how do I put this..

I got bored.. And, the Whiteline somehow found its way onto the rear beam of my car...

Finished work at 20:30 :dead:, had nothing better to do, so backed the PH1 on the drive and cracked on!

Went straight on without any problems!

Pics:

img2011030300317.jpg

img2011030300318.jpg

img2011030300319.jpg

Please excuse the poor photography! I forgot to take some pics whilst the car was in the air, so had to get them off the axle stands, which meant lying down on a freezing cold drive, with numb hands..

Time to take it for a drive.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Good work, give us a review upon your return.

I'm buying one soon.

Cheers Rob!

Well all I can say is wow!

As can be seen from the pics, I have it set on its softest setting, and my god it makes such a difference!

There is so much less bodyroll, and the car feels more composed, and as everyone else has said, more "planted" to the road.

Worth every penny of £160.

Going to play around with the hardness settings on the weekend. See if I can get it to feel a little better.

Overall, very very impressed. Good purchase!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Riiiight! Some Saturday morning progress as promised.

Nothing exciting unfortunately, but lots of pictures!

So, the goal for today was to fit the Goodridge rear hoses, and the new rear discs and pads.

Ontop of that lot, I managed to give her a very good wash, leather clean/balm, cleaned all glass inside and out. Very happy with the results! So.. The pictures.

First thing was to get the car jacked up.

This is showing the state of the old discs and pads!

dsc0440s.jpg

dsc0442b.jpg

Cheeky picture of the Whiteline ;)

dsc0443u.jpg

Few more random pics:

dsc0441c.jpg

dsc0439.jpg

Dirty much?

Next thing was to remove the old discs, which proved to be extremely easy!

dsc0446f.jpg

dsc0447.jpg

Slap the new discs and pads on, and thats one job down!

dsc0434.jpg

dsc0433xr.jpg

Stance...

dsc0436kr.jpg

Wheels back on:

dsc04432x.jpg

dsc04422zu.jpg

Next thing on my list of things to do, was get rid of the old hoses, and replace them with some nice new Goodridge items.

Old:

dsc0449dm.jpg

dsc0451p.jpg

New!

dsc0437bu.jpg

Looking pretty evil :evil:

dsc0444jg.jpg

Right, with my to do list for today completed. I wanted to give it a quick wash.
Unfortunately that turned into about 3 and a half hours of buggering around, doing the interior and exterior!

Enjoy!

Pics:

dsc0457r.jpg

Broken seatbelt :eek:

dsc0456x.jpg

dsc0455y.jpg

dsc0454k.jpg

dsc0453ql.jpg

dsc04492du.jpg

dsc0448p.jpg

dsc04482s.jpg

dsc04472w.jpg