ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

niggling exhaust problem

182 RB FF
ive just bought a clio 182 in racing blue with both the cup packs and am so made up with it.

the only thing bothering me is that when i rev i can hear my exhaust but it sounds like its coming from my passenger door or the left side of my car like the door isnt shut properly or summit.

is this normal and im jsut being picky or......?

172 y reg flamer
is it tinny rattle or more a banging,

could be the baffles in the boxes or just the rear hangers which tend to be a bit naff.

latter is and easy cheap fix about £20 for the part, if its the baffles then you could be lookin at new sections if not a whole new system

might be nothin but it gives you an idea

182 RB FF
dunno just sounds dead throaty and like its comin from the passenger door like its not shut properly.

sounds like the clips have went where it links the cat to the exhaust..or the exhaust to the manifold..

look under the car, near the front...you can see two wee clips clamping the sections of exhaust together (they look like wee springs)

give them a shake too see if they are loose..(they will rattle)

if it is these, it will get louder and louder and they will start to rattle...

(doesnt cos that much for the parts...im sure it was 30 quid)

182 RB FF
when i look under the car the exhaust is shaking alot near the cat and thats jsut on idle.i havnt looked at the clips yet.but this looks to be the problem.the noise isnt there if i jsut rev in neutral only when im actually driving along it sounds like it could be blowing to be honest.

i bet its the clips then...there will be a gap in the joint where the cat meets the manifold..loud as feck..

might hear a rattle too (the clips)