ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Night Shots - Veedub

Porsche Boxster987S
This is my mates 1.4 golf which is being picked up by the new owner this week. Hes got a focus ST but this is his old modding wagon. Looks hard as nails imo:evil: and fools a few into thinking its a .:32:eek: Comments and critisicm welcome on the pics , go easy though im still learning night shots:eek:

Heres the first bunch of them :

3920463365_9eb52ca326.jpg

3920466099_7f317c5cb6.jpg

3920468827_874d76cd96.jpg

3920476235_e48cbc55a1.jpg

3920481789_6ba2b600c4.jpg

3921264266_eb38e2f47f.jpg

3921269706_7d78b58803.jpg

3920489691_23a493d273.jpg

3921277756_9e91ff046c.jpg

3920498593_c216f44bcd.jpg

3921290100_40f445d0fe.jpg

3921292762_4aa3c85bed.jpg

3921295748_88dd9be925.jpg

3921298602_888928f9ea.jpg

Porsche Boxster987S
Nikon D40 and i changed the iso to 800 with no flash in night mode for these using a tripod too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice pics paul.

Car looks good. Is it an anniversary front bumper? Can't see anything in the pics really.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Nice pics. I don't see how it's dubbed though lol.
I was looking to get a MKIV golf. Look well nice.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Good pics paul! What shutter speed were you using?

Night pics are so tricky

Was gonna ask this too :) Nice shots Paul.

When I do night shots I usually choose a really low ISO (like 100) and a really long exposure on a tripod. Don't usually get any noise and the pictures are very clear!

The settings you used though, i am guessing will allow you to expose for a shorter period of time keeping your shutter speed down?
x

BMW E92/Audi S3
Was gonna ask this too :) Nice shots Paul.

When I do night shots I usually choose a really low ISO (like 100) and a really long exposure on a tripod. Don't usually get any noise and the pictures are very clear!

The settings you used though, i am guessing will allow you to expose for a shorter period of time keeping your shutter speed down?
x

+1

Porsche Boxster987S
no idea on any other settings guys:eek: i just decided to stop using auto and try to change the ISO. Exposure was at +0.3

Motorbikes
Excellent night shots imo. Car looks spot on too.

But as others have said, crank the ISO right down to reduce noise, dont need a high ISO or flash as you are unlimited with shutter speeds on a tripod. Also remember to turn off VR if your lens has it. And get a remote trigger too.

You can see the flash light up the bumper, and its a bit annoying, for me anyway. But as said, dont need it for tripod work at night. Dont think I've ever used my flash.

Car is positioned in the wrong place, it needs to be under the light for some definition IMO, and as the lads have said, low ISO and longer shutter speed, try f16/f22 also, gives the lights a star effect.

Tripod is good, but get a remote shutter too :)

Motorbikes
Ah my bad, thought I read that you did. Certainly a light source you can see reflecting off the bumper anyways.

Porsche Boxster987S
Ah my bad, thought I read that you did. Certainly a light source you can see reflecting off the bumper anyways.

yea , it was surrounded by lights. I wondered why the lights didnt have that star kind of look:(

Porsche Boxster987S
Car is positioned in the wrong place, it needs to be under the light for some definition IMO, and as the lads have said, low ISO and longer shutter speed, try f16/f22 also, gives the lights a star effect.

Tripod is good, but get a remote shutter too :)

kool , thanks for the advice:) I wasnt really interested in getting a clear image of the car. With the style of it i just kind of wanted it to look a part of the photo if you get me , rather than just pointing it at the car in centre of pics and snapping away.

kool , thanks for the advice:) I wasnt really interested in getting a clear image of the car. With the style of it i just kind of wanted it to look a part of the photo if you get me , rather than just pointing it at the car in centre of pics and snapping away.

It works sort of if you wanted a moody shot, but the ambient light is too bright, maybe next time stand just in front of it and shoot it that way.

Sorry I'm just in a critical mood today :eek:

Porsche Boxster987S
indeed , thats why i posted them up:) ALways looking for tips and advice and i dont mind critisicm (much;):rasp:)

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
cheers mate , i really like this spot for night pics. Not many glasgow neds around the art gallery last night so there was no need for ''rushing'';)

love it mate, wish there were spots like that around my area!