ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nimbus 197

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
After much looking i got this last weekend. First Clio for about 10 years and tbh id forgotten how much fun they are! Handles really well - Plans are to fit a cage and do some track days. Donnington booked for Tuesday 👍

It’s had a few tweaks and been well maintained

B14s
Refurbed box with Quaife diff
Pure motorsport top mounts
200 Cup steering rack
Ac delete with lightweight flywheel
Remap
powerflex bushes
Buckets and harnesses
Gravity decat and scorpion exhaust
2forge wheels with ar1s (another set with rainsports )

0ABEBF5D-5FA2-4280-82C8-E7CCF9ECF9AB.jpeg
IMG_4438.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg
IMG_4423.jpeg
IMG_4419.jpeg
IMG_4411.jpeg
IMG_4404.jpeg
IMG_4405.jpeg
IMG_4401.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shorter shift/gear stick and a better steering wheel. Job jobbed. Also thought the 197/200 wheel felt big, not 1*2 big but still. And the stick felt tall and long throw. Makes a massive difference to the driving experience.

Hero colour, hate the wheels (because weight), Good luck with the track day and stay safe!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fair play, that’s the worst wheels I’ve ever seen on a 197/200.

Heroic track cars though. Driven properly there are very few standard cars that can keep up.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Good buy this. He’s spent some money on making it right.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I’ll be sure to let him know that a potato on a clio club doesn’t like them.
He’ll get over it I’m sure, but I’ll be there for him when the news hits.
I see what you did there! 🤣

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Did donnington last night, weather was ok to start did a few laps on the rainsports and all seemed ok. I did get a steering fault at one point where i lost power steering, came off and turned the car off and it never came back.

Track dried out so decided to put on the AR1s. MISTAKE! By the time i'd put them on and set pressure it was raining heavily again and the track was soaked. I decided to go out anyway but it was pretty bad - there must have been about 8 red flags

Then the brakes went a bit soft and i think i lost a bit of confidence in them. I managed to spin and ended up in the gravel :ROFLMAO: Had to get the recovery truck of shame back to the pits. Decided to call it a day and had to remove 1/2 a ton of gravel the car.

Really enjoyed it but was quite a steep learning curve in those conditions.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The guy i bought the car off forgot he'd ordered these so has sent them onto me along with some titanium shims. Nice design - just need some tubing to connect to the fog ducts.

Ordered some winmax W5 as i think the EBC blues are done.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Bits arrived.

Will have a look at fitting the pads and brake cooling ducts this weekend, hopefully the caliper pins aren’t seized
IMG_4557.jpeg
IMG_4556.jpeg
IMG_4558.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself some stainless pins for the brakes.