ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nimbus 197

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
After seeing that clio crash at Castle Combe - that came from nothing - I honestly don’t think I’ll go in a car without a cage again.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted this whilst waiting for the ZPO. Might keep it - obviously makes the throw a bit longer but feels good.
IMG_4560.jpeg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
What brand is the extender? Tempted to get one for my meg.

It’s a custom job but essentially one of these screwed to a metal sleeve

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Put the winmax w5 pads in today, feels like much more bite after a quick test and bedding in. No seized pins either!

IMG_4601.jpeg

I also tried to remove the gravel from my off at donnington - this was about half of it - was literally everywhere. How does the rear diffuser come off as a lot seems to be still collected in it

IMG_4594.jpeg

Just need to cut a hole in the arch liner and find some plastic tubing to connect the 3d printed brake ducts to the front bumper

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
anyone know what this part does ? It’s just sort of flapping about in the back of the car

IMG_4610.jpeg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i think i'm going to order a cage this week but undecided on colour and make.

Was thinking maybe SWmotorsport in white?

@RSRowe is this what you had?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Yah yah.
SW in the Megane too

The JP Cages ones are basically the same thing too. I've a few mates with them.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
the JP cages bolt to the isofix points i beleive?

Wonder if bolting to the rear arch gives more rigidity?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
It does yeah. I'm really not sure if you'd be able to tell between the two with rigidity/handling.

Half cages are basically just an elaborate harness bar is the way I look at it. At least with the iso points, they're proper reinforced areas.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
It does yeah. I'm really not sure if you'd be able to tell between the two with rigidity/handling.

Half cages are basically just an elaborate harness bar is the way I look at it. At least with the iso points, they're proper reinforced areas.

thats a good point. can't imagine that those arches are particularly strong.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
The 'worrying' bit is I think the arches are actually thicker than the footwell floor where you usually bolt the front to :ROFLMAO:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The brakes are a lot better with the winmax pads but i've still got quite a lot of trave on the pedall - maybe an inch before anything happens. Worth bleeding them?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Defo worth a bleed. I am a big fan of Castrol SRF, but it's mega coin compared to the likes of RBF600/660.
One of my pals always used to cry about his until we bled it up using CLiP. Personally I've never had an issue with a pressure bleeder like this (i imagine there's cheaper alternatives)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
ok - looks a fairly straight forward process
Yeah easy enough, hopefully the bleed nipples on the brembos aren't mega seized.

Start with the longest line (driver's rear) working to the shortest. Or work in opposites, i've never had a problem with either tbh.

Defo worth a bleed. I am a big fan of Castrol SRF, but it's mega coin compared to the likes of RBF600/660.
One of my pals always used to cry about his until we bled it up using CLiP. Personally I've never had an issue with a pressure bleeder like this (i imagine there's cheaper alternatives)
Yeah i use SRF too, can't beat it for pedal feel i think.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Had a great evening session with opentrack yesterday.

IMG_4701.JPEG

Renaultsport garage friends

IMG_4694.JPEG

Was mega hot and apart from a few red flags everything went well. Car was great, nothing overheated or broke and it felt really good all evening. The winmax pads were a massive upgrade - had no fade and they stayed ultra sharp. Also really impressed with the AR1s - insane amounts of grip with the quaife LSD.

IMG_4707.JPEG

I had a 20 minute tuition session which was really beneficial and i definitely improved my lines through the corners and was able to carry more speed. Went from being cautious in 3rd to pretty much flat out in 4th through craner curves with a touch on the brakes at the old hair pin.

53814015484_513ed4ff50_k.jpg

53812745987_b445dfaaf1_k.jpg

53813979134_50eb5d960b_k.jpg

53814125700_be41427d48_k.jpg

53812777527_2905c7a97e_k.jpg

53814125420_cccf6b499d_k.jpg

Cup spoiler and cage next on the list and another track day next month probably.